SOLVED

Populating Custom Salesforce Field with a Form Token

Go to solution
AJ_Navarro
Level 2

Populating Custom Salesforce Field with a Form Token

Our Marketo instance is synced with SFDC. That being said on one of our forms we have a comments area. The token to display these comments on internal alerts is {{lead.Request Comments}}. Now I would like to sync those comments as well to a custom salesforce field we created. The field is Form Comments (L). I added this step to our current smart campaign of whenever a lead fills out a form:

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 10.43.39 AM.png

However, when I go look at the Salesforce Field, nothing populates. What am I doing wrong ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Populating Custom Salesforce Field with a Form Token

Check if the field is not read-only for the marketo sync users WITHIN SFDC using the security rules. As in that case the field would not be updated in sfdc from marketo-sfdc sync.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1

Did you wait for the SFDC sync to happen? For the mapped fields one needs to either sync the person to SFDC manually or wait for the Marketo-SFDC auto-sync for the changes are reflected in SFDC side, I guess same will be the deal with SFDC field as in your case. Also IMO populating values through token is not likely to cause this issue.

AJ_Navarro
Level 2

Can you explain further, I'v looked at the sync settings with our Salesforce Admin and everything seems to be in order. 

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Make sure that the field in SFDC is not set to block updates from Marketo.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
AJ_Navarro
Level 2

I'v checked with our Salesforce Admin and looks like nothing is blocked. Can you explain further where to look ? Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. I also checked user permissions and everything looks right as myself and the sales force instance have full admin access. 

Darshil_Shah1

Check if the field is not read-only for the marketo sync users WITHIN SFDC using the security rules. As in that case the field would not be updated in sfdc from marketo-sfdc sync.