SOLVED

Please tell me how to deliver email newsletter as an alert email to my colleagues.

Go to solution
kadoi_sakiko
Level 1

Please tell me how to deliver email newsletter as an alert email to my colleagues.

My colleagues subscribe to our company's e-mail newsletter .
But If I deliver e-mail newsletter to them, it will affect the results of the newsletter delivery.
So I wanna deliver email newsletter as an alert email to my colleagues.
Do you have some good idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Please tell me how to deliver email newsletter as an alert email to my colleagues.

Send Alert with a choice to [do nothing] if they’re in the marketing/external audience Smart List.

Send Email with a choice to [do nothing] if they’re in the colleagues/internal Smart List.

Everyone qualifies for the send as a whole. Some get Alerts, some get Emails.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
namattison
Level 2

Re: Please tell me how to deliver email newsletter as an alert email to my colleagues.

A couple options:

1) If using the "Send Alert" flow step, you can select "Send To: None" and then enter your colleagues' email addresses (separated by either a comma or a semicolon) in "To Other Emails:". This will exclude these email sends from the results of the newsletter delivery.

2)  You can include your colleagues' email addresses in the Smart List for your newsletter send, and in the Email Performance or Email Link Performance report for your newsletter program, you can exclude your colleagues' email addresses from the report by using an "Email Address is not" filter in the Smart List tab of the report. This will exclude your colleagues' email sends from the results of the newsletter deliver if using a Marketo report to reflect the results. However, if you're extracting data from Marketo into a BI tool for reporting, this option might not be the best choice.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

The "Send Alert" Flow Step will process for every person in your Smart Campaign. Which means, if you send your email to 30.000 people, you'll also send the alert 30.000 times. Probably not what you want.

So no, you can't inform your colleagues by Send Alert that a specific email was sent. Marketo doesn't really offer a solution for internal distribution lists. Still, I think the best option is to have them on the distribution as well, and probably suppress them by Smart List in your Email Performance Report, as it was suggested here.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Send Alert with a choice to [do nothing] if they’re in the marketing/external audience Smart List.

Send Email with a choice to [do nothing] if they’re in the colleagues/internal Smart List.

Everyone qualifies for the send as a whole. Some get Alerts, some get Emails.