PayPal

Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal

Hi,

Our company organized paid seminars some can be at the same time but in total different States or provinces. PayPal has been chosen to process the online payment. I mange to add it to Marketo. I need your help: how to program Marketo to tel me X person has completed the registered (paid) for that Y activity.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: PayPal

You'd need to enlist a developer for this: there's no inbuilt integration.

Broadly speaking, it involves using a webhook to call into the PayPal API with a lead field that stores the unique transaction ID.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni
Moved:

This message was removed for violating Marketing Nation TOS's prohibition of promotional content

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Use Zapier (paid) to trigger an update of a lead when a successful sale is made using the inbuilt Paypal and Marketo connectors..

TBlane_McMichen
Marketo Employee

Learn from my burns!  🤕

The Zapier integration works, but not bug-free.  (Also, requires subscription for what they call a "premium zap".)

The biggest problem that I have found is that the people use a different email address for PayPal, so when they do the lead is not recognized in Marketo and typically creates a new lead.  These aren't duplicates, because the emails are completely different/unique.  Then you have a person that Paid, but not getting credit for it.