SOLVED

Pausing lead in Engagement Program

Go to solution
James_Zolinski
Level 4

Pausing lead in Engagement Program

I've created an engagement program where we send leads a different email each week that have a Lifecycle Status of Outreach. Outreach are leads that have shown an interest in our service but have not become a customer yet. If anytime while in the engagement program stream their Lifecycle Status changes from Outreach to Account, they should be removed or paused in the next stream and not receive any further content. We import new leads and updated lead each week to update leads that have changed from Outreach to Account which should pause/remove them from the next stream.

The problem I'm having, is I keep getting future streams after I have changed the Lifecycle status from Outreach to Account, and we do not want to include new accounts in the streams meant to engage leads. I import a test email in to the engagement program with the Outreach status, and after the first or second stream is emailed, I change the Lifecycle status from Outreach to Account. But I keep getting included in future streams. 

Not sure if I am missing something or have something wrong, but in theory the way I have set up the smart lists and flows the streams should pause a lead who's Lifecycle status has change. Hopefully someone can tell me what I am missing.

stream.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BenjaminJacquet
Level 3

Re: Pausing lead in Engagement Program

It seems that the trigger to transition between Stream is "email is delivered" meaning that the user goes through the transition as soon as the previous email is delivered. This allows the user has essentially a week to become customer and will still get the next email (unless you are using nested Programs to exclude those in the Stream)

Also the transition rules exclude users whose Lifecycle status is Account, thus they do not run through the flow and cannot be paused.

There is likely multiple ways to fix this, I can think of managing the pause step via a separate Smart campaign running weekly prior to the email send, or using nested Programs to filter out records with Lifecycle status is Account at time of send.

View solution in original post

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Definitely agree, it seems it would be much simpler to have one Smart Campaign which triggers off becoming an Account, which then pauses the person in the engagement program (or moves them to a blank Success stream). 

Otherwise, the logic is replicated when in reality it should apply to the engagement program as a whole.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenjaminJacquet
Level 3

It seems that the trigger to transition between Stream is "email is delivered" meaning that the user goes through the transition as soon as the previous email is delivered. This allows the user has essentially a week to become customer and will still get the next email (unless you are using nested Programs to exclude those in the Stream)

Also the transition rules exclude users whose Lifecycle status is Account, thus they do not run through the flow and cannot be paused.

There is likely multiple ways to fix this, I can think of managing the pause step via a separate Smart campaign running weekly prior to the email send, or using nested Programs to filter out records with Lifecycle status is Account at time of send.

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Definitely agree, it seems it would be much simpler to have one Smart Campaign which triggers off becoming an Account, which then pauses the person in the engagement program (or moves them to a blank Success stream). 

Otherwise, the logic is replicated when in reality it should apply to the engagement program as a whole.

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Thanks Benjamin. So should I remove the Trigger "Email is Delivered" and the Date of Activity? Or just remove the "Date of Activity" If so, what trigger would you suggest I use? I have changed the transition rule to exclude records with Lifecycle status of Account so they are allowed to go through the flow and get paused. 

If I were to use a separate Smart campaign or nested Program, how would you recommend I do that?

James_Zolinski
Level 4

Thanks Benjamin. I was added a nested smart campaign to my engagement program and it seems to have fixed the problem I was having. Thanks for the help again