Pardot to Marketo using SFDC

Erin_Pinkowski
Level 2

Pardot to Marketo using SFDC

We are switching from Pardot to Marketo and trying to determine the best way to bring over our data.  We have contacts in SFDC that are not in Pardot and we have prospects in Pardot that are not in SFDC...Not sure how to go about tackling this integration or where to start.
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Pardot to Marketo using SFDC

I'd suspect you need to first sync all of your contacts from Pardot TO SFDC before you disconnect the systems and before you try to connect Marketo.

If you have already disconnected the systems, you can export the records from Pardot to CSV and then upload them to Marketo later.
Erin_Pinkowski
Level 2

Josh,
We are still connected to Pardot however we have a rule in place in Pardot to only sync to SFDC upon form submission.  If we remove that rule, I am concerned it will cause a ton of issues.  For example, the individuals syncing may then be created as lead records in SFDC and automatically assigned to a sales rep....which we wouldn't want.  Is it uncommon to have contacts in SFDC that do not existing in Marketo or leads in Marketo that dont exist in SFDC?

I think we will export the records from Pardot to CSV and then import into Marketo but then how would we keep records in SFDC from syncing to Marketo..for example, contact records in SFDC that do not have an email addess?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd say it's very common to have leads in Marketo that don't yet exist in SFDC. That's part of a lot of best practice advice to only push the leads from Marketo to SFDC when it is sales ready. 

I think that you need to set up your sync between SFDC and Marketo then those records in SFDC will come over to Marketo. Then you need to get a list of all the records that are in Pardot but are NOT in SFDC and upload this list directly to Marketo via csv file import. These imported leads will only push to SFDC when they go through a campaign that pushes them.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even if you can't get the list of f all the records that are in Pardot but are NOT in SFDC you should be able to import the entire pardot list. As long as you let the leads from the sync come over 1st then the import will deduplicate based on email address.
Erin_Pinkowski
Level 2

Thank you both for your help.  This sounds great.  One more question.  When doing the initial sync from SFDC to Marketo, how do I stop contacts without an email address from coming into Marketo?  We have quite a few contacts without them. 
Erin_Pinkowski
Level 2

Nevermind!  I found the course on sharing settings.