Re: Outlook 2010

Anonymous
Not applicable

Outlook 2010

We've noticed some issues recently when viewing emails in Outlook 2010 - the formatting for our emails look completely different than what we see in Marketo's preview mode. Does anyone have any recommendations on how we can resolve this issue? Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

It's important to note that Outlook 2010 has a completely different rendering engine than Marketo's preview, which uses your browser; your best bet would be to either get a Litmus subscription, Email on Acid subscription or use Marketo's deliverability package (which includes the same preview engine as Litmus with some added extras.)

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Heather,

Creating email template that looks great on all devices is a real pain.

There is no simple fix to this. The template have to be created by people with experience on doing this.

The alternative is that you use template providers such as knak.​ or Marketo Email Templates - Hoosh Marketing

See this discussion : New Email Templates

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback Gregoire and Courtney. I'll take a look at the tools you've recommended.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

We use litmus a lot. Not only they have an email testing tool that renders all emails but they also have an email builder tool that is really great. You can create snippets (i.e. reusable email components) and get an email created very quickly + you can test it in real time on all devices.

I did not mention it earlier, because it requires a little more investment at start, but the flexibility and power is outstanding.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the insight Greg.

Does anyone know if we can tell what email client (i.e. Outlook, Google, etc.) that are leads are utilizing to open our emails?

Thanks,
Heather

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Heather,

The click link in email and Opened email filters have "Device", "Platform (i.e. OS)" and "Is mobile device" constraints.

Therefore, you can create smart lists that will enable you to count the leads.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

And also, if you Use Litmus, Litmus has a tracking functionality that would bring you more details.