Operational email footer

awidjaja
Level 1

Operational email footer

Hello, 

We'd like to send operational email to people who register for our webinar, if we include our company social links on the email footer, is that acceptable? 

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Operational email footer

Only your legal dept can tell you for sure, but I’ve never seen a blanket restriction on social links in operational emails in the US. After all, a social link can be for support.

But in practice you don’t want people to think they’re being tricked into reading marketing content. Like a one-line “thank you” operational email with 4 social links might be grating.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Operational email footer

I think an operational registration confirmation email is the right to do, if you don't bind webinar registration to opt-in - which I believe is also the right thing to do.

And I wouldn't know that there's a directive not to include social links even in EMEA. But Sanford's comments certainly apply: Ask your legal department and don't overdo the marketing part.

Also: Think about removing the unsubscribe link from your "operational footer". It might be misleading to give people an unsubscribe option although they effectively cannot unsubscribe from this email type. Usually I see something like "You received this automated email as you've subscribed to our webinar" instead of the unsubscribe link.