SOLVED

fields import process

Go to solution
IC
Level 1
Level 1

fields import process

Hi, 

I have exported fields from my old instance and want to import them into the new instance.

Is this possible? 

Also, wondering if an instance copy is possible with MSD?

Thanks

IC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: fields import process

Hi IC,

You can not import fields from one instance to another. If your new instance has not been touched yet, you could indeed do an instance copy and that will copy the custom fields you created, achieving the desired result. It would however also copy over all your existing programs and assets, so I would advise to clean your old instance up before starting the copy.

When you do an instance copy, any native integration is not copied along though, so you would need to set up your connection in the new Marketo instance from scratch. The fact that there is a native integration in your old instance will not prevent you from making the instance copy, so it should work if you set the connection up again manually.

Katja

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Phillip_Wild

Hi IC

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to import fields from another instance. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "an instance copy with MSD". I'm guessing you mean Microsoft Dynamics? Could you clarify?

Thanks.

Katja_Keesom

Hi IC,

You can not import fields from one instance to another. If your new instance has not been touched yet, you could indeed do an instance copy and that will copy the custom fields you created, achieving the desired result. It would however also copy over all your existing programs and assets, so I would advise to clean your old instance up before starting the copy.

When you do an instance copy, any native integration is not copied along though, so you would need to set up your connection in the new Marketo instance from scratch. The fact that there is a native integration in your old instance will not prevent you from making the instance copy, so it should work if you set the connection up again manually.

Katja

rayrichardson
Level 1

Is this still true about field import?

If I want to add or remove fields in bulk it must be done manually? Is there no way for the api to do this?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

No. You can only retrieve fields through the API: https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/lead-database/fields/

Marketo Support can remove fields. They might also be able to add fields in bulk, but actually I doubt that.