SOLVED

Re: Only Send Lead an Email Once

Go to solution
John_Danielson1
Level 3

Only Send Lead an Email Once

I am trying to set up a flow that will allow us to continuously add members to a list, but only have the new members receive the email I am sending. What I am trying to figure how to say is if John Doe received "X" email do send it to him again. I figured out how to set up a flow that would REMOVE the lead from the list after the email has been sent to them, but ideally the flow would just not send the email to anyone who has received it already.

Thanks for the help in advance!

John
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi John, no problem. To start you will want to create a static list, I'll call this "imports" for this example. Then you'll want to create a smart campaign, with a smart list with the trigger "Added to List" list IS imports. The flow step will be "Send Email" email IS your email. If there's a chance that they've already received this email at a totally different time and you want to exclude those people as well, you can use the "Add choice" to the send email flow and say "Not was sent email" email IS your email, then send your email. Default is do nothing. I would change the scheduling of this to where someone is able to flow through only one time.

You won't want to use a filter of "Was added to list" because that will make this into a batch campaign that someone could qualify for multiple times.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey John, you could use the trigger "was added to list", and then only allow someone to flow through 1x. This should be sufficient for them to receive the email only once, when they're added to the list. 
Scott_McKeighe2
Level 5

If the lead is added to a list, you can set up a smart campaign to listen for that activity (trigger) and send the email (flow). You'd then modify the Schedule of that smart campaign to allow the lead through the flow Once
Keerthi_Koukoti
Level 1

Will it work when 2 different leads are having the same email id. will it send email only once or twice?

At what level, "Each person can run through the flow every time" it will consider whether emaild id basis or leadid basis?

Thanks,

Keerthi K

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

At what level, "Each person can run through the flow every time" it will consider whether emaild id basis or leadid basis?

Lead ID.

But please open a new thread if you have further questions, thanks.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If the lead becomes a member of the list, it will happen once and will fail if you try again.
John_Danielson1
Level 3

Dory,

I'm not sure how I do that. Do you mean the Trigger "Added to List" or the Filter "Was Added to List" when I create the Smart List? And how do I make it so it only allows someone to flow through 1x?? 

Sorry for all the questions. I'm a novice when it comes to this stuff!
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi John, no problem. To start you will want to create a static list, I'll call this "imports" for this example. Then you'll want to create a smart campaign, with a smart list with the trigger "Added to List" list IS imports. The flow step will be "Send Email" email IS your email. If there's a chance that they've already received this email at a totally different time and you want to exclude those people as well, you can use the "Add choice" to the send email flow and say "Not was sent email" email IS your email, then send your email. Default is do nothing. I would change the scheduling of this to where someone is able to flow through only one time.

You won't want to use a filter of "Was added to list" because that will make this into a batch campaign that someone could qualify for multiple times.

Hope this helps!
John_Danielson1
Level 3

Thanks Dory!