Re: Only 1/2 the form titles showing up when making a smart list, & inaccurate reporting

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Only 1/2 the form titles showing up when making a smart list, & inaccurate reporting

Hello!

I'm trying to make a smart list in the lead database with Last Form Title = A Very Specific Form Title (example), but it is not populating this as an option. In fact, it's not populating over half of the forms I have built. I manually counted 45 live forms in my Marketing Activities, but when I look at these smart lists, it is only showing me 20.

This is extremely concerning because in my marketing activities, I show that 3 people have filled this form out in the last week, but the smart list I am trying to pull in my Lead Database says no one filled this form out.

Will someone please help me get to the bottom of this so that I can be sure I am seeing accurate reports?

Thank you!

-Marisa Rybar

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Only 1/2 the form titles showing up when making a smart list, & inaccurate reporting

Can you check to see if all your forms are approved?  If they are not approved they won't show up in the list.

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

That is a good point, however, it's not the case here as all 45 of them are approved and live.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you're filtering on a custom field ​that you populate using a Flow, it sounds like something is up with that Flow.

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

I considered that, actually, so I tried pulling my smart list with and without the Last Form Title trigger so that on one version of the smart list, the only requirement was literally that they Filled Out Form = Is Any between the given dates, and think it is still not showing all of the people who filled out forms.

I went through all of the landing pages that are first touch points (and discounted the thank you landing pages that people may have also filled out) to try to get a general sense of how many unique submissions I thought we should have. When I go through the Marketing Activities manually, I see 21 form submissions on the first touch point landing pages, whereas the smart list I pulled from the lead database says only 11 people TOTAL last week submitted forms. If the 21 included some thank you landing pages, I would believe this number. However, it doesn’t include those pages, so I don’t believe it.

Any other ideas?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

OK, from your first paragraph it sounds like you're saying people who filled out a form didn't get a Filled Out Form event. That's mighty strange as that event is part and parcel of updating the fields on the lead (unless you use some other method like Munchkin/REST/SOAP//webhook).

You should also see Visited Web Page events for both the form URL and the TY URL if the lead went through the process. Do you see those?  What other evidence do you have that peoples have filled out forms?

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

So the thing is, I don't know who filled out these forms because I can't pull a smart list to show me because the form title doesn't populate when I try.

The only way I know that people have filled it out is by looking at the landing page report:

pastedImage_1.png

I can see here that 3 people filled out the form, but when I try to run the smart list, this form does not exist.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has there been any fix or solution for this? We are having the same issue. All our forms were pulling in leads and now they don't show at all even though we know people have filled our forms out.

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

It's actually working for us now, so I'm not sure what the problem was last week.

What are the parameters you're setting in your Smart List? Is that where you're looking for the leads? Have you tried searching in all your leads for one specific lead that you know filled the form out and looked on their Activity Log to see if the form fill out activity was logged there?