Yesterday, we opened up a ticket with support after a member of my team uploaded a list of event attendees to process and the smart campaign to process these people showed that it was only going to affect about 75% of the members of the list:
The trigger campaign uses a single filter – member of this list:
Yet, the campaign says it’s going to affect only 112 people (71%) - and this was a full day after the list was imported into the program in Marketo:
Support's response was as follows:
It looks like there's a database mismatch with the indexer going on. I created a smart list that has the full number of people but is processed differently. In order to get this fixed we will have to create a ticket with engineering. There could just be a delay in it catching up but engineering at the least would be able to fix it.
This is yet another issue we've been experiencing wit core functionality, like list import, database inconsistency, cloning, delayed trigger campaigns, etc.
Curious to know if others have experienced this "database indexing" issue where there are discrepancies like this - or if it's just happening to us.
We had the same issue about three weeks ago. I created a case with support and it ended up getting fixed in about two weeks..
Chris - was this unique instance of the issue fixed; or were they able to apply a long-term fix so that this doesn't continue happening. According to support:
It's a fairly simple fix so shouldn't take very long I'll just make sure it gets attention. The particular issue is known and is actively being worked on to find a resolution to prevent it happening in the future.
We do have a case dragging on for months that's just as crazy. Only one instance presents the prob and it's not the same as yours, but it's evidently index-related and one of those how-can-there-even-be-a-way-for-something-to-break-like-this situations.
These issues are similar to to this thread: For those of you on Corona (part of Project Orion), are you experiencing issues explained here?
I commented on that thread a week ago about issues with an instance on app-sjh. The problem has now been dragging on for a month. At first I though it was specific to boolean fields but we are seeing it across all different data fields including special fields such as SFDC Type. There doesn't seem to be any way of being able to totally depend on the data evaluated by Smart Lists. And no, it has nothing to do with lag time.
...and I created that post/thread a year ago. I'm just surprised that this isn't affecting more customers. And why just a handful of us? Or are more customers just not aware that this is lurking in their instance?
I've been seeing this issue across several instances in the past month or so. As far as I can tell, the smart campaign does actually affect the correct amount of people, but the number displayed on the schedule is incorrect.
The way I have "fixed" this is to make some sort of adjustment to the smart list, which seems to reset the schedule calculation.
Hi Lauren - I've made adjustments, deleted/re-added the smart list, etc., and still no fix. Support provided a "workaround" to create a smart list that included an "email address is" filter (rather than include a "member of list" filter) to ensure all leads are accounted for. That may work in some cases (when the list is a manageable number) but it doesn't address the underlying issue that exists.