SOLVED

One email going out to a list upload with different account owners

Go to solution
ericgarcia
Level 2

One email going out to a list upload with different account owners

Hi everyone,

I got assigned to deploy a one time email. They are going to be providing a list to upload for this. However, each lead in this list is going to have different account owners. I am hoping there is a way to add a token for variable data to populate each leads specific account owners information when the email deploys? email sample below: 

" If you have any questions regarding the discontinuation of xxx, please do not hesitate to contact [account owner] at [direct dial] or [email]."

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: One email going out to a list upload with different account owners

No. You cannot set CRM Account Owner information via a list import (contra @Raven_McFarlan1).

Your columns indicate that they are Lead Owner data, not Account data, but the same applies.

You can use fake flat fields on the lead that aren’t actually owner fields, but that’s not the same.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

If the fields are mapped on the Account object and visible to Marketo, you’ll have corresponding {{company.tokens}}.

However, you will not be able to write the fields via the list import. Marketo is not the place to update such information, it should be done in your CRM.

ericgarcia
Level 2

I just got emailed the list and columns labeled as: Lead Owner, Owner email, Owner Phone. 

Once the email is finalized and I uploaded the list it should give me an option to map them correct?

Raven_McFarlan1
Level 3

Hi Erica, yes it will but I'd recommend keeping a very close eye on which fields it auto-suggests to ensure accuracy. Admins can set up list import alias for headers (read more here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/administration/field-management/e...  and that may affect which field Marketo auto suggests.

Depending on the fields in use, you might also need to parse lead owner full name into first/last name as an unrelated FYI. 

SanfordWhiteman

No. You cannot set CRM Account Owner information via a list import (contra @Raven_McFarlan1).

Your columns indicate that they are Lead Owner data, not Account data, but the same applies.

You can use fake flat fields on the lead that aren’t actually owner fields, but that’s not the same.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

If this is really a one time requirement for this specific email, I would actually use PMCF fields to upload the data. Having a set of multi-purpose fields at the program level I think is a safe way to cater for incidental requirements to customize content without any risk of messing up your CRM data. And indeed, as @SanfordWhiteman mentions, you could not populate the lead owner fields by a list upload in the first place.