Re: Nurturing and Streams for Email Preference Center

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nurturing and Streams for Email Preference Center

I want to create a process for an email preference center that we are prototyping. I have the EPC created with different areas of interest leads can select from. An intital email blast would go out to inactive leads first to get them to the landing page. 

I also want to use the nurturing channel for my program because using different themed streams would help move them to their appropriate track. 

My questions -  is this good practice? Also, for the smart list not sure what the trigger would be?  Here is my initial smart list:

0EM50000000SpOB.jpg

And here is my intial Flow:
0EM50000000SpOG.jpg

I'd appreciate any feedback or best practice with what I've created thus far. Thanks!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You would want your trigger to be

Newsletter becomes TRUE, then Add to Engagement.

But quite honestly, you want to keep your preference center flows centralized - separate from actual campaigns.

Then you can have an Engagement newsletter Entry campaign to listen for the Newsletter change and add to Engagement Stream 1. So you only need 1 step there, not two
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

I agree with Josh. I tend to have a separate opt-in program, which once they reach the program status of 'opt-in' adds them to various lists depending on what they've selected. Conversely, should they unsubscribe it removes them from these lists.

Based on their preferences you can drop them into an engagment program, but I'm not sure I'd combine preference flows with an engagement program like Josh mentioned.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, are you saying a single engagement program for just newsletters for example would suffice (they would have to be opted in to get there in the first place from a trigger)? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the idea is that you make your functions more modular, so you have one program that simply manages subscriptions and keeps track of what type of communications someone is eligible to achieve (you can add/remove folks from static lists, use checkboxes on the lead record, etc.) 

Then how you communicate with people can change and evolve over time and it isn't tied together. 

The trigger of "Newsletter" changing to true could be what adds them to the engagement program then as you say.