Re: Nurture Set Up and Reporting on Multiple Audiences

Shane_Rourke2
Level 4

Nurture Set Up and Reporting on Multiple Audiences

Hello, 

I am building an engagement program that will support two audiences. One from a 1st party audience driven via Lytics and the second from 3rd party list uploads. 

I need to report separately on each audience. My thought was to build a default program for each audience and create separate streams. 

The same emails will be used. I am just trying to avoid having to manage multiple programs when any change needs to be made. 

Shane Rourke
6 REPLIES 6
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

If you have an apt strategy and setup to capture the Original Source in place, then you should be good at identifying and distinguishing people (Lytics and the second from 3rd party list uploads, in this case). But for this use case, you can also rely on list membership criteria for distinguishing people (people uploaded from the 3rd party would be in a static list(s)) as well for reporting and other purposes. I don't think you should be creating separate programs for this, as the content/streams/path is the same irrespective of the person's source.

Also - if your use case allows, I'd recommend using Marketo's engagement program for setting up the nurture instead of setting up the nurture using default programs as the former is built especially for nurturing people and has many OOTB features to support easy nurture setup.

Shane_Rourke2
Level 4

Thanks for the response @Darshil_Shah1. I left out one detail. We need to be able to distinguish between the two separate audience lists in our attribution reporting tool Calibermind, so lists won't reflect there. 

Shane Rourke
Darshil_Shah1

This should not be an issue if you are storing and syncing the Original Source of a person with the third-party platform (in this case, Calibermind). While using an attribution platform, it's paramount for marketers to have an apt strategy for capturing the apt source/channel/tactic for offline interactions as well (assuming that for the online interactions, the attribution platform is able to capture those details automatically using the tracking JS, just like in the case of Marketo Measure).

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have questions.

Shane_Rourke2
Level 4

@Darshil_Shah1 Appreciate your response. What is your definition of 'APT'? 

So you are saying that a potential prospect will be tagged already with Lytics so when they enter a campaign we would already know their source? 

Shane Rourke
Darshil_Shah1

Sorry for the confusion; I meant appropriate by apt. 🙂

In general, marketers update the source/channel/tactic information for the people entering the system via offline interactions in the automation platform (i.e., Marketo) itself. So, in a typical process, you should update the source/channel/tactic fields post-importing the list in Marketo. These sourcing fields are then mapped in the attribution platform so that the person is bucketed under the appropriate source, channel, and tactic.

How do you currently differentiate people created from list imports v/s other sources (form fill, etc.) in the Lytics platform currently?

Shane_Rourke2
Level 4

@Darshil_Shah1 

We don't have any issues with differentiating the audiences. It's just when we do reporting within Adobe Analytics. I want to set up, as an example, an engagement program that shows how audience A is performing against audience B. 

Shane Rourke