SOLVED

Re: NULLify lead score and then adjust it

Go to solution
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

NULLify lead score and then adjust it

Hello,

I want to re-calculate some of our lead scores. I first want to nullify the value and then depending on previous activity, award points back to leads (ex. +5, +10). If I were to first nullify the score and then change the value from NULL to 5, will that register as a 5 point increase? Or does the score need to actually have gone from 0 to 5 or 1 to 6, etc. to register as a 5 point increase? I don't want these leads to register as increases and bubble to the top of the Best Bets, I simply want to re-calculate their scoring.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13

There are several threads on this process.

1. Yes you can set the score to NULL (using Change Data Value) or 0 with Change Score.
  2. Yes, if you do +5, a campaign could see that as an increase and trigger MQL
  3. To avoid #2, be sure to turn off your MQL or Score triggers until you are done.

best to do this on weekend or fridays.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13

There are several threads on this process.

1. Yes you can set the score to NULL (using Change Data Value) or 0 with Change Score.
  2. Yes, if you do +5, a campaign could see that as an increase and trigger MQL
  3. To avoid #2, be sure to turn off your MQL or Score triggers until you are done.

best to do this on weekend or fridays.

Devraj_Grewal

Josh,

Any sure fire way that changing the lead score data value from NULL to 5 wouldn't register as a 5 point lead score increase and bubble those leads up in Sales Insight?

Thanks.

ChristinaZuniga

Are you concerned that you'll set to NULL, then change their score to 5 and then Marketo will send it to SFDC as "+5" instead of 5 total?

It shouldn't do that but if you want to be very, very sure about it have a change score step to NULL then a wait step that gives plenty of time for the CRM to Marketo sync, then another change score to 5.

Devraj_Grewal

Correct, that's what I was concerned about. I just want to make sure it doesn't register as an increase.

Josh_Hill13

like i suggested, it's best to shut down any score based triggers when you run re-scoring. It's not about the SFDC sync or MSI because those don't inherently trigger a lead alert (unless you setup such in SFDC itself).

You can always run an MQL batch to capture the new list of MQLs and push those to Sales once the scoring is done.

So if you aren't sure where your scoring MQL triggers are, check your Campaign Inspector for Change Data Value or Score is Changed.