Re: Need your suggestions to include identified bot activity into Marketo reports

Sreekanth_Reddy
Marketo Employee

Need your suggestions to include identified bot activity into Marketo reports

NOTE: Below mentioned items are concepts that we wish to get your feedback and are not part of Marketo Engage product!

Hello Nation!

As many of you already know our continuous effort in fighting bots that generate fake email engagement (In case you are not aware, check this link). 

If you have enabled this feature on your subscription, then when an email opens or an email link click happens before these activities log into your Marketo database go through a bot activity identification filter. Respective activities will be flagged accordingly as a bot or not.

Based on feedback from many of you I have curated some suggestions on where all in Marketo reports we should add these attributes. 

1. Email Performance Report 

email performance report.png

2. Email Link Performance Report

Sreekanth_Reddy_0-1661327450970.png

 3. Marketo Email Insights

Marketo-Email-Insights.png

4. Revenue Cycle Explorer Report

Revenue-Cycle-Explorer-Report.png

Now here are the questions for you:

1. What should be the priority order in which we should approach this?
  2. If you have to select only 2 which one would they be?
  3. What insights you would like to extract from these reports with bots data?
  4. What other areas should be considered?
6 REPLIES 6
Sreekanth_Reddy
Marketo Employee

Re: Suggestions to add identified bot activity to Marketo reports

hpavlac
Level 2

@Sreekanth_Reddy  appreciate the tag for input!  My priority would be #1 - as that is what I use as a quick "snapshot" report for outside stakeholders for consistency.

Being able to filter clicks separately has definitely been helpful as well though, as I like to compare clicks to web visits and without the bot metrics, those can be very different 🙂

Helen Pavlac
roadshowhannah
Level 3

Thank you for sharing the article about the email bot activity and suggestions for inclusion in email link report activity - have just updated my defaults to include these filters. 

Hannah
Sreekanth_Reddy
Marketo Employee

Hi, above mentioned items are just for requesting your suggestions and are not part of the product yet.  Apologize for any confusion

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Need your suggestions to include identified bot activity into Marketo reports

Nice approach, although another option would be to include a setting in the set up of a report to in- or exclude the bot activities.

As for your questions:

1. What should be the priority order in which we should approach this? The order you have listed them in.
  2. If you have to select only 2 which one would they be? 1 and 2 for sure, as they are the most commonly used.
  3. What insights you would like to extract from these reports with bots data? Understanding of how bot activities impact previous reporting differently for different program types in order to put new results in context.
  4. What other areas should be considered? I think these are the most important parts.
CarrieTaylor
Level 2

Thanks for including me regarding input @Sreekanth_Reddy   

1. What should be the priority order in which we should approach this?  I think what you laid out so far is a good priority
  2. If you have to select only 2 which one would they be?  Report #1 and #2
  3. What insights you would like to extract from these reports with bots data?  It helps us dive deeper into our clicks to determine engagement and whether or not it is from bot activity.
  4. What other areas should be considered?  Having these bot activities constraints available for integrations like Tableau, if they aren't already.