Re: My first Marketo invitation email began sending to a group on Tuesday. It went out to group 2 yesterday and group 3 is going out today. How can I change the scheduled time so it can be sent 2 hours earlier than the 2 previous days?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My first Marketo invitation email began sending to a group on Tuesday. It went out to group 2 yesterday and group 3 is going out today. How can I change the scheduled time so it can be sent 2 hours earlier than the 2 previous days?

My first Marketo invitation email began sending to a group on Tuesday. It went out to group 2 yesterday and group 3 is going out today. How can I change the scheduled time so it can be sent 2 hours earlier than the 2 previous days?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: My first Marketo invitation email began sending to a group on Tuesday. It went out to group 2 yesterday and group 3 is going out today. How can I change the scheduled time so it can be sent 2 hours earlier than the 2 previous days?

It depends, how did you set this up?
  • Scheduled smart campaign - just cancel the run and reschedule Run Once.
  • Email Send - similar, just cancel the Schedule and try again.
  • Wait Steps - you may be able to change the wait step times, but be careful because if you go from 2 days to 2 hours, it will just shoot out the email immediately.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Lanette, it really depends on how you have your campaign set up. If people are currently in a wait step, then you'd need to run a smart campaign with a flow step of "Remove from Flow" which will stop people in that current flow, and then you will need to create a new smart campaign to send the email at the new time. Once people are in a wait step, that timeframe cannot be adjusted without stopping their flow.

If the setup is different, if you could please describe the setup we can provide other suggestions. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh & Dory!

They were in a wait step. The time difference for this time got too close so I let them wait the extra 2 hours so as not to disrupt anything. On the next big push (tomorrow) I will change the time for the entire series.

Is there a best practice to now scoop up the remaining leads in my database and send them the email that was sent to the 3 prior groups? Sorry but I haven't does this before! 🙂
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Lanette, if you're looking to send to everyone else in your database, you could just use a filter of "Not was sent email" and select your email that was sent to the prior groups. If you want to do any additional filtering, you can just add additional filters in the smart list of the campaign.

Good luck!