Engagement program: help with logic/set up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement program: help with logic/set up

Is it at all possible to set up an egagement program that goes like this? :
Email 1 is sent - if unopened after a week send same/cloned email again, if opened send Email 2 two weeks after opening Email 1. And then this repeats with Email 2, Email 3 etc.

I would like this to be done without using programs as the dashboard is much more useful when having emails directly in the streams.

I have thought about having one stream for each email and transistion rules set to when opens previous email. As for the resend-if-unopended I could put a clone in the same stream and have the cadance run once a week - that could work. The problem then occurs when they are supposed to be moved to second stream and receive the Email 2 two weeks after opening Email 1. I've though about using a 2 week wait step in the transition rules but am unsure about what impact that would have.. If I receive Email 1 and open it - would the wait step keep me in the first stream for 2 more weeks, or would I be moved and just float around in the second stream for two weeks?

Please share any thoughts about how to be able to solve either parts of this or the whole thing.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Engagement program: help with logic/set up

Erica,
I've done this before using multiple Streams. I'm not a big fan of doing this in general because sending the same email over and over isn't really nice.

Here's what you do:

Stream 1:
-Email 01
Email 02
Email 03

Stream 2: variations on email 1
Stream 3: variations on email 2
Stream 4: variations on email 3

The catch is you will have to create child campaigns to manage the transitions:

If Email 1 is Sent, then Wait 3 days. If Lead is member of the Opened/Clicked list, then do nothing, if NOT, then Move to Stream 2.

The next catch is...if the lead finally responds to Email 01a, do you want to send them back to Stream 1 for Email 2? You'll need a campaign that says, if Lead clicks/opens Email 01a,b,etc...then move back to Stream 1. The lead will get Email 2 at the next Cast and the process repeats.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement program: help with logic/set up

Thank you Josh, that could work. It's not decided that we're going to build it like this but I like knowing what is possible to do and get tips about new ways of thinking around the problems 🙂