Re: Munchkin Code on Third Party Site

Anonymous
Not applicable

Munchkin Code on Third Party Site

Hello friends,

I was wondering if anyone here has given a vendor their munchkin code to put onto their website for tracking. We host some of our tools on a third-party site and I'd like to gain some info on this idea before reaching out to them.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
38 REPLIES 38
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Danny Tran,

If you do not have a way to associate the cookie with the lead entry in Marketo, this is totally useless.

In order to associate the Marketo cookie with the lead, the solution is to have a Marketo form on this third party site. You can do this in 2 ways:

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Grégoire. That definintely helps 

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Danny,

2 additional points :

• Forget about form prefill if you choose the visible embedded form
  • Forget a bout any other type of integration (server side form post: quoted in the community but non supported, server side REST API: limited daily volume, client side REST API: significant security breach).

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Sanford Whiteman​, you can see I am learning

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Grégoire - So would the hidden form be able to be submitted without any action taken on the lead's part? As soon as they visit the page we can have it as though the form was submitted?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Danny,

The hidden Mkto form needs to be submitted with some minimum lead info, at least email address.

Unless the site in question can recognize the lead (for instance with their own cookie system) and provide this info, you will need the lead to fill out a form on the 3rd party web site.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Greg, what if they already know WHO these leads are?  For example, they want to track activity after a user clicks on a CTA link within an email.  No form required here since user is already known.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

Yes you are right, which is why I wrote:

Unless the site in question can recognize the lead

There are other ways, such as if the 3rd part site is a portal and the lead is authenticated.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

So if the lead signs in from our website and is transferred to this third-party site, then we don't need a form at all? Or do we still need a hidden form? If it's the former, can you please elaborate on how we'd go about using a trigger smart campaign when they reach the destination site?