Re: Munchkin Code in Shopify?

Kana_Lai
Level 3

Munchkin Code in Shopify?

Hi!

I tried pasting in our munchkin tracking code into the head of our Shopify theme and it doesn't seem to work. A quick google search gave me some 3rd party integrations but I was wondering if that was the only way to get Shopify activities into Marketo?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not enough info here. Munchkin can load on any webpage to which you can add a <script>. Pls provide the URL where you've attempted this.

Kana_Lai
Level 3

Oh, sorry. 

https://store.goengineer.com/

When I check the source code, I see it in the head. When I check my own activity log in Marketo I can see all the web page visits and clicks from our main website, but I don't see any of that for our shopify site.

SanfordWhiteman

Is that main website www.goengineer.com?

Or is it www.solidworks.com? Because your store and the SolidWorks site will never share a tracking cookie.

Kana_Lai
Level 3

Our main website is www.goengineer.com.

We sell Solidworks products but we don't have tracking on their site.

SanfordWhiteman

Then there has to be something wrong with your testing method, as www.goengineer.com and store.goengineer.com are both logging Munchkin hits and sharing the same cookie as expected.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Kana_Lai
Level 3

I tried looking at customers that just placed an order today that were already in our Marketo database, but nothing from shopify shows up in their activity log. Maybe this is actually a tech support issue?

SanfordWhiteman

Open an Incognito window, ensuring you don't have any tracking plugins enabled.

Fill out a form on your www.goengineer.com site, creating a new lead (munchtest+0001@email.invalid is a suggested email address). 

Leave that Incog window open.

In your regular browser, find that lead in Marketo. Check the Activity Log for the Visit Web Page activity.

In the Incog window, visit store.goengineer.com.

Refresh the Activity Log panel.

What do you see?

Kana_Lai
Level 3

Okay, so that worked. 

pastedImage_1.png

Would you happen to know why I couldn't see any store.goengineer.com activities when I looked at the customers who made a purchase today though? Some have been in our system for over a year and made a purchase hours ago, so I don't think it's some sort of time delay?

SanfordWhiteman

How are you ensuring that they have an associated Munchkin session?  Form filllout (including hidden form filllout)? Following an email link?