Re: Munchkin Aug 22 release: Link Tracking

Robert_Nichols1
Level 3

Munchkin Aug 22 release: Link Tracking

hey,

has anyone gotten the new Munchkin functionality working to show Mailto etc link tracking?

"Munchkin - Expanded Link Tracking: Extend support for tracking of tel and mailto links with Munchkin to track an expanded set of web behaviors."

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/release-notes/current.html?lang=en 

i've tested and failed to get this work + Marketo support view this as custom HTML so outside of support scope! 

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Are you using munchkin-beta.js to make sure it loads the latest Munchkin version? Tracking tel: and mailto: works for me without any extra JS (it always was possible with custom JS).

Robert_Nichols1
Level 3

i've enabled munchkin beta (which is odd as the release notes read as general availability)

i'm now seeing the link showing up in activity - but not as a filter on activitys etc (ie clicked link in email/webpage -> constraint -> is mailto -> email address)

so looks like you have to create programs to push this to lists/interesting moments etc.

FireShot Pro Screen Capture #127 - 'Robert j Nicholson - Robert Walters' - app-lon.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What do you mean by “is mailto”? You’d filter it the same way you do with any link href. It’s just a string.