SOLVED

Re: Multiple Lead Found Error Message

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Lead Found Error Message

What does this mean? I am loading a list that doesn't all have email addresses but they have phone numbers. I have not had this problem before today. It loaded the ones with emails but the rest came back with an error of "multiple lead found". Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

I would guess that you have custom dedupe rules in your instance enabled, and have multiple leads in the list which match the same record.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marketo does not accept leads w/o email addresses. You can prob do this in SFDC.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to import a list of records without email into Marketo. I didn't think this was possible, but appears to be.

I would ask support for a clarification on that error, I couldn't find much on the Community about it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jeff. I too have loaded without email addresses in the past. I have logged a ticket with Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you please post the answer from support here, when you get it? I am struggling with this same issue, right now. Thanks!

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

I would guess that you have custom dedupe rules in your instance enabled, and have multiple leads in the list which match the same record.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had the same problem - with a mixed list, it accepted those with emails and gave me a "Multiple Lead Error" message for those without emails. I tried uploading the rejected leads in a separate csv (with the email address column removed) to the same list and it worked.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

3-year-old thread, but yes, this makes sense: an empty string value can still be duplicated, that's how unique indexes always work in dbs.