SOLVED

Re: Multiple choice values in "Add Choice" to flow

Go to solution
Erica_Dipyatic
Level 3

Multiple choice values in "Add Choice" to flow

Hello - I'm looking for an opportunity to condense the number of "Choices" in my Send Alert flow step. We have over 100 Sub-Topics in our form. Many of the sub-topics, however, are to be sent to the same email address.

Is there a way to include more than 1 choice value (step 3) in the Add Choice fields? 

TIA,

Erica

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can only manually enter them in the large open area (don't try to "add new values" on the left.  Also, once you hit OK, you may see the dreaded red squiggly lines in the value field for the flow step choice.  If that happens, just click the green "+" icon again to open this window and simply hit OK.  Don't ask... 😉

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Click the + button and add values

Erica_Dipyatic
Level 3

Sub-topics are new, no forms submitted with them yet so they are not in the add values options. Typing them in...but that's not my question or issue.

What I'm trying to avoid is having 100 individual choice options to the flow.

Choice 1

If sub-topic is Sub-topic#1

Send email to email@address.com

Choice 2

If sub-topic is sub-topic#2

CAN the sub-topics be combined in one choice flow step?

Choice 1

If sub-topic contains sub-topic#1, sub-topic#2

Dan_Stevens_

Like Jim said, just manually add them in using the green "+" icon.

pastedImage_0.png

Erica_Dipyatic
Level 3

Thanks. However, as I mentioned in the reply above - the values are NOT in the system.  If I Add Choice one-by-one, they aren't available to select there either. So I have to type them in.

They are new sub-topics to our form, thus no forms have been submitted with the new sub-topics.  Marketo doesn't pull the options from our form, only from what's in the database, correct?

They do NOT appear in the "Add New Values" drop down. How then, do I get all the sub-topic values that I need to appear in the drop down, so that I can select them?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You have to type (or, more likely, copy and paste) when values aren't browsable.

Inter-field dependencies on the form (i.e. Visibility Rules or other API-based interactions) are not going to be reflected when you're building the flow, if that's what you're asking.

Erica_Dipyatic
Level 3

UGH - that's what I thought - typing.  So I'll most likely have to set them all up individually THEN....later, I can go in an build them so that the system recognizes more than one correctly (2)subtopic1; subtopic2

Inter-field, yes. If only we could have ITTT logic, then this would be that much easier 🙂

Dan_Stevens_

No, you can still type in multiple values in the multiple "choice" value window (like I did for the multiple countries) - the window that I included in my post above.  Back when we set this up, these values weren't available either.  We had to manually enter (copy/paste and/or type) the values here.

Erica_Dipyatic
Level 3

Interesting. Retrying now...........

Dan_Stevens_

You can only manually enter them in the large open area (don't try to "add new values" on the left.  Also, once you hit OK, you may see the dreaded red squiggly lines in the value field for the flow step choice.  If that happens, just click the green "+" icon again to open this window and simply hit OK.  Don't ask... 😉

pastedImage_0.png