Re: MSI and Broken Image Email Previews

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

MSI and Broken Image Email Previews

We have MSI installed in our Salesforce instance so sales people can see interesting moments, web activity, score and emails sent. When a logged in Marketo user clicks the email preview button to see the email that was sent to a lead, it opens and all the images show. However, if another person that is not logged into Marketo clicks the same link, all the images are broken.

Is this normal?

I know the easy answer is to give all the sales agent Marketo logins but that is just not practical. How can we get the images to show for non logged in users?

Unless it's just a strange coincidence and being logged in has nothing to do with it.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

8 REPLIES 8
Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Sanford Whiteman​ sir, curious to know the reason for this.

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

Guess I'll put in a ticket and see where that goes...

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Please let me know what the support suggests

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

This is something that will happen to pretty much everyone unless someone is logged into Marketo. In the preview, it looks like the images are pulled directly from Design Studio, as opposed to the direct link (i.e. info.abc.com/Image.jpg). If you right click on an image and copy the image address, you'll get a URL with the following prefix: https://app-####.marketo.com/

If you are not logged into Marketo, unfortunately it doesn't seem like you'll be able to see the images. Hopefully, there is a fix to that from support.

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

Here is what I got:

Thank you for your patience. As the salespeople are previewing the link from Marketo, by product design, it is expected that they should be a Marketo user. But, as a workaround, a sample email could be sent to the salesperson by a Marketo user using "Send Sample" in the email.

So....it's "supposed" to work that way. Seems a bit crazy to me and I have a follow up question but there you go.

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Thanks Duane. One obvious caveat with the Send Sample part is that it must be a Marketo user sending the sample specifically to the rep, which in turn creates an inefficiency in MSI altogether.

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

I just don't understand why everything else comes through fine without being logged in but images... email images... those must be blocked by design! It makes no sense to me. I'm sure they have some logical reason, I just don't see it.

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

It's confusing to me!