Re: Moving from Opportunity to Win or Lose in Revenue Lifecycle

Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving from Opportunity to Win or Lose in Revenue Lifecycle

We are making a Revenue Lifecycle using smart campaigns. My question is when we move from opportunity to either win or lose, in the smartlist of "win" or in the smartlist of "lose" what are the trigger / filters that we must set for each?

The flow is clear.

3 REPLIES 3
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Use "Opportunity is Updated" and add a constraint that best addresses the field and value that you use for when an opp is lost/won.

Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

To Add to Jim's comment above, typically this is reflected as a specific opportunity stage.  These are typically designated as closed won or closed lost. 

Clinton_Gage3
Level 3

I'd also have you consider mapping what you think the lifetime journey is going to be - e.g. if the individual comes through again or for another opportunity. I'm not sure if you are doing this as a master lifecycle or doing at a smaller program level. At the smaller level probably works fine to get an idea of the success rate by disposition. However, if at the larger opportunity level and they can go through multiple times it might cause some hiccups as the individual can show up in both a won and lost, and if it is list based, they won't show up for multiple wins or losses - they are on the list or they aren't.