SOLVED

Re: Moving Field Values via a Campaign

Go to solution
Hchen151
Level 3

Moving Field Values via a Campaign

Hi, I'm trying to update the values of a certain field which is being used in several campaigns to another field that will replace the current field in the campaigns. Do I create an executable campaign with a Change Data Value activity to migrate the old values to the new field? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

You would wanna use one time batch campaign with CDV flow step - New field = {{lead.Old Field}} for transferring the data in the existing field as-is to the new field, in the SL you can include a filter to let people with non-empty values in the Old Field in. Executable campaigns help you with synchronizing campaign executions - which I don’t think is needed for batch transfer of data from an older field to the newer field. Also, executable campaign needs to be executed (via Execute Campaign) flow step, and can’t be ran like a normal batch campaign.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

You would wanna use one time batch campaign with CDV flow step - New field = {{lead.Old Field}} for transferring the data in the existing field as-is to the new field, in the SL you can include a filter to let people with non-empty values in the Old Field in. Executable campaigns help you with synchronizing campaign executions - which I don’t think is needed for batch transfer of data from an older field to the newer field. Also, executable campaign needs to be executed (via Execute Campaign) flow step, and can’t be ran like a normal batch campaign.