Minimum users limit

Mark_Wallace1
Level 4

Minimum users limit

Hello All,

I'm aware the packages have changed recently but is it the case that the minimum number of user licenses is now fixed at 30 for all levels (basic, pro, elite, enterprise)?

Does this mean the main cost driver is the size of the database?

Anyone currently renewing?

thanks

Mar

9 REPLIES 9
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Minimum users limit

Yes, database size is the main cost driver. You should discuss this with your account manager.

Neil_Robertson6
Level 5

Yes, DB size was always the driver when we purchased Marketo (8 instances) - we never had a user limit on who could access it and to be honest - I can't see a reason to introduce it now.

Dan_Stevens_

I was actually quite surprised during renewal (last august) when the contract specifically put an unrealistic cap (on # of seats) on our enterprise instance. Since we were already well over the cap, I negotiated that out of the contract.

Mark_Wallace1
Level 4

Do you known what constitutes being an enterprise, elite or pro level? is that on db size?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Does anyone have any insight into if API-only users are counted in this total? Also, what about inactive users? This is a huge Friday buzz-kill. 😕

Lisa_Heay2
Level 3

I have this same question - did you ever find out if API users are counted?  Thanks!

Dan_Stevens_

Yes, API users do count against that limit.  Which is odd - if you have 10 services consuming Marketo data, you're already using 33% of your allotment.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Which makes even less sense as they are sharing a fixed pool of resources and cannot, technically, use more than their fair share.

I advise people to use an API gateway, at any rate -- pennies per month and better auditing.

Mark_Wallace1
Level 4

Hi All,

The only data I can get is that an Enterprise account has 50 users minimum, if you need them or not.  And I still dont know what makes someone an Enterprise, Elite, Pro etc.

The API accounts are included in that total too.

thanks

Mark