Re: Meta tags for twitter lowercase

Anonymous
Not applicable

Meta tags for twitter lowercase

Hi,

I have created a guided landing page template and from this I have created a test landing page. I have noticed that although the text in the twitter tags in the template is capitalized it is all lower case in the test landing page.

Landing page Template:

<meta name="twitter:description" content="This Example Text for Description">

<meta name="twitter:title" content="This Example Text for Content">

Landing page created from Template:

<meta name="twitter:description" content="this example text for description">

<meta name="twitter:title" content="this example text for content">

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this? And if so is there a way to keep the capitals?

Thanks very much, Tina

7 REPLIES 7
Akshay_Pant
Level 5

Hi Carlos Cerqueira

You have to use text-transform: capitalize; on the landing page where you want to capitalize the text.

Thanks

Akshay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Akshay,

Thank you for your quick response. I don't think it is possible to add style to the meta tags, could you provide an example please?

Thanks, Tina

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The CSS rule won't have any effect on the meta tags, though.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marketo support was able to replicate this issue on their end (regarding all meta tags set at the template level) - per this post: Setting landing page &lt;title&gt; in template renders as all lowercase

I don’t believe they are considering this a bug though since “you can fix this when you’re creating the actual landing page that’s based on the template”.

For us, we create default values at the template level since many users forget to define these values.

SanfordWhiteman

I don’t believe they are considering this a bug though since “you can fix this when you’re creating the actual landing page that’s based on the template”.

It's a bug, otherwise there wouldn't be anything to "fix." But on we go...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

Thanks for your input.

We found a 'fix' /'work around to this. We removed that contents of the title tag and meta tags from the pages and added the title, keywords and description in the Edit Landing Page / Edit page Meta Tags section in the Title/Keywords. description fields. We added the twitter meta tags to the Edit Landing Page / Edit page Meta Tags / Custom Head HTML. This retained the capitalization.. woo hoo.

SanfordWhiteman

Yeah, that'll work, still a bug though!