SOLVED

Re: {{member.webinar url}} makes the CTA not clickable

Go to solution
RaulEr
Level 4

{{member.webinar url}} makes the CTA not clickable

Hi,

I'm using Zoom for our webinar events. We use {{member.webinar url}} in our CTA and in our header banner. We tested it in the preview section, we view it as a registered person and the Banner and CTA work perfectly. We send a sample and it also works.

But then, we register using the form, then the smart campaign sends the email, and now the Banner and CTA are not clickable, it acts as if it was just text or an image without a link.

RaulEr_0-1659110615669.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Well, this could be either a HTML issue (chances of this are low, as you were able to test the link in the preview mode), or there could be some error with your webinar partner integration - can you try refreshing the webinar partner from the event program's action dropdown? FWIW, your webinar partner may not be able to send back the registrant's unique joining link due to a broken integration with Marketo. Also, I hope that you're updating the member status to Registered before the send registration confirmation email flow step.

If the partner integration is working fine, you could add a wait step of couple of minutes before the send email flow step, or even better and recommended, create a LP with {{member.webinar url}} as Sandy notes here and link the LP on the confirmation email so as to give the webinar partner enough time to populate the member's webinar URL.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If the partner integration is working fine, you could add a wait step of couple of minutes before the send email flow step, or even better, create a LP with {{member.webinar url}} as Sandy notes here and link the LP on the confirmation email so as to give the webinar partner enough time to populate the member's webinar URL.

Definitely agree with Darshil here. Don’t add an arbitrary Wait step, use the method in my post. You’ll never know exactly how long to wait, but you definitely cannot send the email immediately.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Well, this could be either a HTML issue (chances of this are low, as you were able to test the link in the preview mode), or there could be some error with your webinar partner integration - can you try refreshing the webinar partner from the event program's action dropdown? FWIW, your webinar partner may not be able to send back the registrant's unique joining link due to a broken integration with Marketo. Also, I hope that you're updating the member status to Registered before the send registration confirmation email flow step.

If the partner integration is working fine, you could add a wait step of couple of minutes before the send email flow step, or even better and recommended, create a LP with {{member.webinar url}} as Sandy notes here and link the LP on the confirmation email so as to give the webinar partner enough time to populate the member's webinar URL.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If the partner integration is working fine, you could add a wait step of couple of minutes before the send email flow step, or even better, create a LP with {{member.webinar url}} as Sandy notes here and link the LP on the confirmation email so as to give the webinar partner enough time to populate the member's webinar URL.

Definitely agree with Darshil here. Don’t add an arbitrary Wait step, use the method in my post. You’ll never know exactly how long to wait, but you definitely cannot send the email immediately.

RaulEr
Level 4

I added the wait step, thanks... If that doesn’t work I'll have to break my template and use that workaround, thanks!