MCE practice questions

Renee
Level 3

MCE practice questions

Can someone explain why the "option 4 = Remove people who did not attend the webinar" was not correct ?

Can we remove people in a specific program ? 

Please help provide the use case and scenario, thanks a lot 🙂

Renee_0-1620376676522.png

8 REPLIES 8
Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

Re: MCE practice questions

Hi Renee - this one is a little tricky because we could technically remove people either from the program or the database (not recommended of course, just technically able to do so) using smart campaigns. Since this question is in the context of managing webinars, they probably marked that question as not correct because the intention would be for those who did not attend the webinar to have their program status changed to 'No Show' (or something similar). 

Mariah Mattick
Renee
Level 3

Hi Mariah, 

Thank you for the reply, can you explain in detail on how to use smart campaign to remove people from the database or program. 

I only know something like "change program status" but not removing. 

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

There is a program status called 'Not in program'. Changing the program status to that will effectively remove them from the program. But as Mariah said, that would not be a recommended step in the situation described.

Mariah_Mattick
Level 4

Hi Renee - Katja answered this below but wanted to echo that in the Change Program Status flow step, there is an option to change the status to remove them from the program. To delete records from the database entirely (should not be done often), there is a Delete Person flow step option. 

Mariah Mattick
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Oof. Hate, hate, hate this question. Removing people is absolutely something you can use a SC for. Often? No. But when sales says, "Get these people outta my synced SFDC campaign," are you gonna say "Need to use the API for that"? Nope, you're gonna run a one-off SC.

Should be split into 2 questions.

• First Q: "Which can you use a SC for? A: All.
  • Second Q: "Which use of a SC may remove the ability to track the lead journey." A: #4.
Renee
Level 3

I think as I am still in the entry level so sorry, not able to figure your answer out. 

What do you mean SC here ? what does it refer to ?

Why you split the two questions, what's the reason behind. 

Thanks. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What do you mean SC here ? what does it refer to ?

Smart Campaign!

Why you split the two questions, what's the reason behind. 

'cause the answer to whether you can do something should be uncoupled from the possible consequences of doing that thing.

When I'm hiring Marketo admins, I'd far prefer they be able to correctly answer these two questions than to (incorrectly) answer the practice question.

Of course this doesn't change the "correct" answer within the context of the test.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Took part in writing the latest exam and along with the rest of the team we did everything we could to avoid questions like this. Hopefully you'll find a lot less frustrating questions like this next time around.