Mass Revert Data Value Changes for Specific Smart List

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Mass Revert Data Value Changes for Specific Smart List

Hi everyone, we had a situation where a list import overwrote the first names of many individuals in our database. I am looking for a way to revert these names back from a standard name "Subscriber." Does anyone have any suggestions for how to resolve this?

4 REPLIES 4
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Re: Mass Revert Data Value Changes for Specific Smart List

Is there many people in the list? If it is very small you could see the original names for each person in their activity history. You will see the action of the name change taking place there. To do it in bulk is something I think Marketo would need to do for you.

Do you have another system where you can pull the original names and just re-import them again overwriting the bad data.

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Hi Gerard, unfortunately, it is about 3700 records, and these synced into SFDC for us. Our SFDC admin is looking into solutions on his end while I do my due diligence on mine.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You'll need to extract the Data Value Changes from the Activity Log using the Bulk Extract API. Then massage the extracted CSV to get the original value ("Old Value") and reimport a file with the correct data.

It's straightforward but requires some tech time.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Nice solution.