SOLVED

Re: Marketo/Zoom not Syncing the no-shows

Go to solution
JoshKessel
Level 1

Marketo/Zoom not Syncing the no-shows

I am trying to sync the webinar attendees/no-shows. Zoom is sending over the Attended and syncing them to the salesforce campaign but not the no-shows. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, there’s no such thing as a No-Show if you don’t have the people in Marketo (and Zoom) as Registered first.

A No-Show is defined someone who Registered but did not attend — it’s sort of an “evidence of absence” thing. Marketo needs to know they were expected.

So you must use some method that adds the person to the Marketo event program rather than directly to Zoom, and sets their program status to Registered. That method doesn’t have to be a Marketo form technically. It could be a 3rd-party form that uses the Marketo REST API to push leads. That’s how we have one of our most complex Zoom integrations set up... but they still must hit Marketo first.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Let’s leave SFDC sync out for the moment as that’s a separate connection and doesn’t relate to the Zoom-Marketo connector.

For someone to be considered a No-Show, they must first be Registered and synced to Zoom. How are you verifying that component of the workflow?

JoshKessel
Level 1

We are not capturing the registrations using Marketo forms/LP. I also was not the one to set up the integration with Zoom, so I need to familiarize myself with this. I don't know what it's doing to capture the attendees and not the reg/no-shows. I am being asked for the no-shows to also be in the salesforce campaign. I tried to use a Marketo campaign to send them over using the list I pulled from Zoom, and that's not working. I appreciate your help greatly. I did set up the campaign in Marketo, but that was only connecting the event partner and the salesforce sync.

JoshKessel_0-1697068040491.png

SanfordWhiteman

Well, there’s no such thing as a No-Show if you don’t have the people in Marketo (and Zoom) as Registered first.

A No-Show is defined someone who Registered but did not attend — it’s sort of an “evidence of absence” thing. Marketo needs to know they were expected.

So you must use some method that adds the person to the Marketo event program rather than directly to Zoom, and sets their program status to Registered. That method doesn’t have to be a Marketo form technically. It could be a 3rd-party form that uses the Marketo REST API to push leads. That’s how we have one of our most complex Zoom integrations set up... but they still must hit Marketo first.