SOLVED

Re: Marketo-SFDC Sync Failed

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo-SFDC Sync Failed

Hi,

I integrated a new SFDC account with my Marketo account (using Marketo's in built integration).  I'm getting following error after starting the sync. It seems like an issue with my SFDC free trial account. As per error message's suggestion, I couldn't find the culprit field "Event -> IsAllDayEvent" in my SFDC account.

Can I somehow remove/disable this field from Marketo or SFDC, so that data the sync happens without this field? Please help to resolve the issue.

=================================================================

Marketo's Error Message:

Salesforce Sync Error: Required Field for Salesforce Sync is Not Visible

Salesforce Sync Error

Could not complete your Salesforce sync!

Why: The following required fields are hidden from the Salesforce sync account Unknown:

Object Field

Event IsAllDayEvent

What to do now?

Edit the visibility permissions in Salesforce for the required fields.

Learn about required Salesforce permissions for the Salesforce sync account.

=====================================================

Thanks a lot,

rakesh pathak

rpathak@zapstitch.com

Product Manager, zapstitch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tim_Langlois1
Level 4

As other have already stated, you shouldn't sync your Marketo account with a developer account. (Yes it will sync w/ a developer account.)

Your Marketo production account is intended to sync with your Salesforce production environment. You can only ever sync your Marketo account to one Salesforce instance. If you sync your Marketo instance now with a developer's account then you won't be able to change it later to a production account. There is no undo.

If you need to test a integration then you should talk to your account manager and purchase a Marketo sandbox for testing with your SF sandbox.

The Event error you were getting is likely related to the All-Day Event field. That field (and all Event fields) need to be checked Visible on the sync user's profile. (This is mentioned in the major step 2 of the instructions.)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sai P​ . FYI. I moved your post to the Products and Support​ -- more likely to get this product related question answered there.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Wait, is this a free SFDC trial account? I'm pretty sure this won't work at all. Marketo works with Professional and above. There are two integration instructions for Profession and Other Editions (Ultimate/Enterprise/Whatever they call it now).

But if you can adjust the Marketo User to access the field in question, it might work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh. Yes, it is a free trial SFDC account.

If this was the issue then Marketo shouldn't have allowed me to create an integration with SFDC free account. Can someone from Marketo confirm this?

Will Marketo's integration work with SFDC developer account?

-rakesh

Tim_Langlois1
Level 4

As other have already stated, you shouldn't sync your Marketo account with a developer account. (Yes it will sync w/ a developer account.)

Your Marketo production account is intended to sync with your Salesforce production environment. You can only ever sync your Marketo account to one Salesforce instance. If you sync your Marketo instance now with a developer's account then you won't be able to change it later to a production account. There is no undo.

If you need to test a integration then you should talk to your account manager and purchase a Marketo sandbox for testing with your SF sandbox.

The Event error you were getting is likely related to the All-Day Event field. That field (and all Event fields) need to be checked Visible on the sync user's profile. (This is mentioned in the major step 2 of the instructions.)

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Rakesh, do confirm the information with Marketo, but I am pretty sure Josh is right - you can only connect Marketo with a Professional or Enterprise/Unlimited editions. Also keep in mind that once you sync Marketo to an SFDC org, there is no undoing that connection. image2014-12-9%209%3A53%3A16.png?version=1&modificationDate=1418147596000&api=v2

Also refer to Step 3 of 3: Connect Marketo and Salesforce (Enterprise/Unlimited) - Marketo Docs - Product Docs and Step 3 of 3: Connect Marketo and Salesforce (Professional) - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Alex & Tim for the detailed explanation. It helped.

Rakesh