Re: Marketo Salesforce Sync - What Marketo Sync user needs to have to enable Marketo Sales Insight function

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Salesforce Sync - What Marketo Sync user needs to have to enable Marketo Sales Insight function

I have a Marketo/SFDC integration question and hope you can provide some insights.

Our SFDC has hybrid OWD where account and contact can be viewed by other users but not be modified. Our Marketo sync user was given the access to edit fields that are Marketo related.  The goal is enable SFDC user to see their SFDC's contacts interaction with Marekto, in particular web activities and responses to the Marketo programs or campaigns.

It turned out the lead score is not coming over causing the flames and stars not populated. Also there SFDC error message of insufficient access is very general, how to find out what object or field are affected. We do not allow SFDC account info to be modified by Marketo form data if that generates the error that is expected.

pastedImage_3.png

Many Thanks!

Vivian

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Marketo Salesforce Sync - What Marketo Sync user needs to have to enable Marketo Sales Insight function

The setup instructions are here:

Configure Marketo Sales Insight in Salesforce Enterprise/Unlimited - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Salesforce Sync - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Salesforce Sync - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Marketo, by default, does not affect Account records, so there's no reason to worry about that.

Lead Score is not directly connected to MSI on the SFDC side, rather it is driven on the Marketo side, and MSI pushes that stars/flames over in the visualforce page. Is there a reason you did not sync that field? If you go through the setup steps or check Field Mgmt you can get that working again, but Lead Score needs to exist in SFDC and be visible to the Marketo User.

It sounds like the Marketo User's permissions are off for something. Your screenshot isn't going to help much and most of those errors are hard to see on Marketo side, so I'd ask your SFDC admin to look at this more closely for that record. It could be an SFDC Campaign error too.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh.  Marketo sync user has CRED for lead object, CRE for Contact object. I am the SFDC admin. Visualforce page access is enabled for the SFDC users.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Vivian

These rights are not enough. You also need to give access through roles or sharing rules to all leads and contact or grant it through "Modify all" right on the profile.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Vivian,

The Marketo use needs to have write access to all contacts and leads it is supposed to managed. On SFDC, you need to:

• Enable this access (either though the profile, with modify all right, or though roles, or through sharing rules) to the contact object
  • Make sure that the fields themselves are also accessible in read/write mode.

If the Marketo Package has been installed as recommended in the doc (access to all users), this second point should be OK. I suspect in your case that the 1st point is faulty.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Greg! Modifying general contact info in SFDC is not allowed by Marketo sync user. The goal of the sync at least for now is to provide visibility of Marketo generated activities associated with the SFDC contacts to the SFDC users.  

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Vivian,

I don't think this is scoring related.  You can see my explanation of this particular error here: Re: INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY: insufficient access rights on object id