Re: Marketo Salesforce integration help needed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Salesforce integration help needed

I am looking for customized solutions to integrate Marketo with SFDC, Do you know anyone that could help with this?

A little bit background - we are a B2B organization focusing on customer retention and cross-sell.  No mass volume of leads. SFDC contacts are decision maker or influencers.

Thank you!

Vivian

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What are your customization needs -- that is, how do your needs differ from the range of built-in SFDC interfaces? What are some features of your intended integration? I think people will need this background to know whether you need custom development or expert implementation of existing features. Compare a custom API gateway with an awesome set of Smart Campaigns: different animals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Sanford,

It would be a customized integration plan that will work for our situation.

We are open to the ideas.  The goal is to pass on the marketing activities/interactions associated with the "leads"  who are decision makers or influencers of existing SFDC accounts to Salesforce and provide sales users a reason to call/follow up with these "leads".  The SFDC data integrity to be ensured - no modification of SFDC data from Marketo. SFDC does not need to hold a lot of lead data that are not related to the key person from their accounts.

Thanks!

Vivian

Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Hey Vivian, I think you just need a normal out-of-the-box sync with SFDC. You might have some small configuration setups, but I would only resort to "customized solutions to integrate" (as I'm interpreting that as technical custom development through writing code) in very very rare cases. It costs loads and loads of money to do, and in 9/10 cases will be a nightmare legacy bottleneck down the line.

Besides word-of-mouth referrals from your local Marketo user group, you can check out Services – Marketo LaunchPoint to see services partners who help companies set up Marketo and SFDC.

Cheers,

Edward Unthank

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Edward! Yes I am looking for a out-of-the-box sync instead of a custom development that has not been successfully tested before.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Vivian,

Why wouldn't you want Marketo to update the records? That's a key feature.

Yes, you can block such updates, but why?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh, Our SFDC contact data is well maintained while the lead records imported to Marketo can be incorrect or outdated.   Vivian