Re: Marketo Sales Insight: Sent or Delivered

Duke_Janssen
Level 2

Marketo Sales Insight: Sent or Delivered

In salesforce.com on the lead and/or contact object, the Marketo sales insight "Email" tab shows the list of emails that you've published to sales insight, and it displays a check mark if the contact/lead opened or clicked on an email.  My question: If the email is simply listed in the window and the contact/lead did not click/open the email, does that mean the email was SENT to the individual or DELIVERED to the individual.

I'm getting account managers asking me if someone having the email listed on their contact/lead record in salesforce.com means they actually got the email, or that we attempted to send it.

Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Duke,

Marketo sales insight "Email" tab shows the list of emails that you've published to sales insight,

This is not correct, I am afraid. The email tab shows all the emails and sales emails that have been SENT to the lead or contact.

AFAIK, there is no notion of delivered in Sales Insight.

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Most systems cannot really tell you if the target server responded OK. As long as the server did not actively Reject the email, it is considered Delivered. Tell Sales to worry about Clicks or Opens for Sales Emails.