SOLVED

Re: Marketo Plain Text Emails - Stacking Replies

Go to solution
stacenic
Level 3

Marketo Plain Text Emails - Stacking Replies

Hi All!

Has anyone sent plain text emails via marketo for an email campaign, and have it look as if the follow up (or second email) to the first plain text email that's sent, is a reply? For instance, in gmail, when I sent an email to someone & they don't answer, I'll send a second email in that thread, so the emails are stacked. 

We are trying to make the plain texts emails coming from sales look as real as possible. Let me know if you have tried this or if it's even possible. Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can't create an actual threaded conversation this way, because threads use the References: and In-Reply-To: headers, neither of which can be changed with Marketo sends.

You can fake the Subject: by prepending "Re:" to the follow-ups. Some mail clients will thread based just on the Subject, but they're under no obligation to, since it's so easily faked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can't create an actual threaded conversation this way, because threads use the References: and In-Reply-To: headers, neither of which can be changed with Marketo sends.

You can fake the Subject: by prepending "Re:" to the follow-ups. Some mail clients will thread based just on the Subject, but they're under no obligation to, since it's so easily faked.

stacenic
Level 3

Thank you for your reply! That's what I figured - it's not something we can do but can potentially "fake" although it will be up to the actual email application on whether they will stack the emails.