SOLVED

Marketo Performance Insights Access for Non-Admin User

Go to solution
michellechopin
Level 7

Marketo Performance Insights Access for Non-Admin User

Happy Friday, Community!

Today I learned that a Marketo user with a Marketing User role couldn't see Performance Insights in the Analytics section of our instance. As I checked through that role's permissions (BOY, I would love a search function in that area!), I couldn't find anything related to Performance Insights in the Access Analytics section or elsewhere:

michellechopin_1-1706907472018.png

That led me to check the role details for Marketo Admins, and there's a specific line item for Performance Insights within the Access Analytics settings:

michellechopin_0-1706907453031.png

While searching for more information on this, I came across a post where a non-admin user had access to MPI so I feel like I'm missing something here 😋 Is there another setting that I should update to allow this to show on a non-admin role? Do I have to request this be specifically added for our instance?

While I love a good Friday mystery, this one seems really odd to me and like I'm going to smack my head when someone tells me what the issue is.

As always, thanks in advance!

Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michellechopin
Level 7

Re: Marketo Performance Insights Access for Non-Admin User

Adding a (partial) update for this following my call with Support this week:

1. The Support Agent also saw the setting missing on the Marketing User role when they logged into our instance (so it's not specific to me/my access); they reviewed their own testing/sandbox environment and had the option to add access to RCE (guessing the functionality is the same but adjusts for RCE when that reporting feature is enabled?)
  2. The Support Agent suggested a fix that might only be temporary but, could just as well become a permanent fix - created a Custom Role with all the same settings as the default Marketing User and included the Performance Insights setting (which showed as expected)

Marketo Support is still investigating as to WHY the setting is missing from that default user, because it's available on all other roles (default and custom), with the exception of the Web Designer one (which would make sense given the intent of that user role). The agent said it might be something that got missed or broken when our new instance was being provisioned last year (and I'm going to assume that, if it is the case, this likely couldn't be fixed in a live instance). Either way, I'm hoping to get more information to satisfy my own curiosity and update others appropriately.

PS. I'll mark this as resolved for now so that folks can see what the options are if they experience the same and will provide any further updates if I get them!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi @michellechopin, I checked a couple of instances, including production and sandbox instances, and all have the MPI permission set included in the Marketing User Role. You might want to check with Marketo as to why you're not seeing that permission for the Marketing User. Ideally, you should be able to enable or disable all the permissions for all the user roles, including the ones that come OOTB (such as Marketing User).

Darshil_Shah1_0-1707104563186.png

michellechopin
Level 7

Thanks for checking into this @Darshil_Shah1 - that makes me feel better and that I'm not completely losing my mind.

Marketo Support Ticket incoming - I'll keep this thread posted with an update as soon as I have one 😀

Darshil_Shah1

Great! Thank you, @michellechopin! I think this could (or is more likely to) happen with the features that aren't included in the base subscription (i.e., purchased on top of the features included in the base subscription, such as MPI).

Keep us posted, and I'll also post an update here if I get any.

michellechopin
Level 7

Adding a (partial) update for this following my call with Support this week:

1. The Support Agent also saw the setting missing on the Marketing User role when they logged into our instance (so it's not specific to me/my access); they reviewed their own testing/sandbox environment and had the option to add access to RCE (guessing the functionality is the same but adjusts for RCE when that reporting feature is enabled?)
  2. The Support Agent suggested a fix that might only be temporary but, could just as well become a permanent fix - created a Custom Role with all the same settings as the default Marketing User and included the Performance Insights setting (which showed as expected)

Marketo Support is still investigating as to WHY the setting is missing from that default user, because it's available on all other roles (default and custom), with the exception of the Web Designer one (which would make sense given the intent of that user role). The agent said it might be something that got missed or broken when our new instance was being provisioned last year (and I'm going to assume that, if it is the case, this likely couldn't be fixed in a live instance). Either way, I'm hoping to get more information to satisfy my own curiosity and update others appropriately.

PS. I'll mark this as resolved for now so that folks can see what the options are if they experience the same and will provide any further updates if I get them!

Darshil_Shah1

Gotcha, I was suspicious about this being an individual instance-level glitch. Thank you for keeping us updated here, @michellechopin