SOLVED

marketo<>salesforce campaign member sync

Go to solution
zeid_ameli
Level 1

marketo<>salesforce campaign member sync

Hi! 

I'm very new to Marketo and I'm trying to understand the sync between Marketo/Salesforce. My question is that if I have a program in Marketo with members based on a smartlist that feeds from contacts in Salesforce matching a certain criteria. I know that Marketo will create a campaign in salesforce relevant to that program (not sure if its always automatic or needs to be manual) and add campaign members mirroring the smartlist members in Marketo. What happens when a contact changes some of their attributes and are no longer matching the smartlist criteria, will Marketo delete that contact record from the campaign members of that specific campaign?

excuse my ignorance here, any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: marketo<>salesforce campaign member sync

I know that Marketo will create a campaign in salesforce relevant to that program (not sure if its always automatic or needs to be manual)

It’s never automatic! And you don’t have to use Marketo to create the campaign (though I usually do). If the campaign is already created and active in SFDC, you can find it in the dropdown list.

My question is that if I have a program in Marketo with members based on a smartlist that feeds from contacts in Salesforce matching a certain criteria.

What kind of Marketo Program are you referring to? Only type of Marketo program that has a single Smart List, where membership in the SL implies eventual membership in the program, is an Email type (mailbox icon).

Otherwise, you must use a Smart Campaign to add members to a program based on membership in a Smart List, and no, this is not something that reverts if the person is no longer a member of the Smart List.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I know that Marketo will create a campaign in salesforce relevant to that program (not sure if its always automatic or needs to be manual)

It’s never automatic! And you don’t have to use Marketo to create the campaign (though I usually do). If the campaign is already created and active in SFDC, you can find it in the dropdown list.

My question is that if I have a program in Marketo with members based on a smartlist that feeds from contacts in Salesforce matching a certain criteria.

What kind of Marketo Program are you referring to? Only type of Marketo program that has a single Smart List, where membership in the SL implies eventual membership in the program, is an Email type (mailbox icon).

Otherwise, you must use a Smart Campaign to add members to a program based on membership in a Smart List, and no, this is not something that reverts if the person is no longer a member of the Smart List.

zeid_ameli
Level 1

This is helpful! yes I was referring to Email Programs only. 

Thanks