Marketo Lead Statuses are inconsistent with Salesforce member statuses

Caitlin_McCorm3
Level 3

Marketo Lead Statuses are inconsistent with Salesforce member statuses

I'm attempting to run campaign/program reports from Salesforce against member statuses, but the data is super inconsistent. For example, it will show that there are 75 MQL's in a campaign, but when I run a smart list in Marketo, it will show that there are close to 300. Anyone have any ideas why this is occurring? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Marketo Lead Statuses are inconsistent with Salesforce member statuses

Caitlin, can you give a few more details? What fields are you looking at in Marketo? And in Salesforce? Do you have a lead lifecycle program in Marketo? How do you identify MQLs in each system?

Caitlin_McCorm3
Level 3

Hi Alex Stanton - we are updating lead statuses on the Salesforce side. Open, MQL, Contacted, SQL are the set statuses. They are always inconsistent, though, when looking at Salesforce reporting. Simply put: the amount of Open leads in Marketo program do not match the amount of Open leads in the Salesforce campaign that is synced with the Marketo program.

Thoughts?

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hi there! It is really hard without looking at the data - but I wonder if there is something misaligned in the sync. Do you have all records in both Marketo and SFDC? It might be best to open a ticket with support where you can go on a screenshare.