Marketo landing pages - new user

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo landing pages - new user

I see how we're able to create landing pages via Marketo, but I'm not entirely clear about the connection between these Marketo based landing pages and the ones that already exist for our website? Are these intended to modify the landing pages on our website or are they intended to be used separately? How are others using these? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Philip_Tieu
Level 5

Re: Marketo landing pages - new user

Hi Jacqueline and welcome to Marketo!

If you login into the Marketo University and search for "Building Landing Pages" that course was just updated as of March 8th, 2016. To quote the training script:

"What exactly is a Marketo landing page? It is a separately hosted, purpose-built landing page, the goal of which is to provide persuasive content and a form, to drive visitors to conversion. It is NOT one of your website pages. Marketo landing pages DO integrate fully with your own website. Marketo tracks statistics for landing pages and for pages on your own site, helping you create, score, and nurture leads."

I hope that helps answer your question a bit before other members of our community can provide you with additional details!

Sincerely,

Philip

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Philip! In that case, how are landing pages typically accessed by users? Is it via a link that is added to a company website? a link in an e-mail? Would our company need to work with our developer to integrate it into our assets?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Jacqueline, you should read Jeff Coveney'sThe Almost Ultimate Landing Page Guide as well as the comments on that post.

As you'll read, you might choose not to use Marketo-hosted LPs at all. Or, on the other hand, they might become critical parts of your workflow.

Philip_Tieu
Level 5

Hi Jacqueline!

You can set the landing page URL when creating a landing page as a new local asset. You can also view the URL after you've approved the landing page as shown here.

landing_page_url.png

Using this URL, the landing pages can accessed by users either as a link from your company website or pasted in an e-mail. Your company would have to work with your developer to add the link to your site and mask the Marketo URL but your company would not have to work with your developer to upload the necessary HTML and image files to the same sever as your company's website as they are stored locally in your Marketo instance.

Also on the link Sanford Whiteman provided, the second suggestion is to take the code used to create the form on your Marketo landing page and embed it onto to your site to easily incorporate your company's branding. It's a pretty good idea, wish I had thought of it myself!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info. Thank you very much!