SOLVED

Marketo Landing page having an image that should be linked to a form

Go to solution
Vineela_Maram
Level 4

Marketo Landing page having an image that should be linked to a form

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can make a form pop up using an image/button on the Landing page.

To be more specific, I have a landing page and I want to have a button or image which only when clicked, the form should pop up. I don't want the user to see the form as soon as he opens the landing page.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vineela_Maram
Level 4

Re: Marketo Landing page having an image that should be linked to a form

Hi Sanford,

I tried to play around with this but was unsuccessful.. In fact I am not good at JavaScript so was unsure which part to be used.

I tried using the lightbox embed code from the form but it doesnot seem to work.

I have explained the scenario below and it would be great if you could provide me with detailed steps on how to do this.

I have  a landing page and I uploaded an image to our design studio lib. I inserted that image in the landing page and I create a form which I now need to add as a pop up to that image.

lets say form id = 1234,  image link : http://na-ab11.marketo.com/rs/410-XOR-673/images/imagename.jpg

please provide me with the exact JavaScript or html that I need to use to make this work.

Thanks,

vineela.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Use the lightbox(form).show() method of the Forms 2.0 API: MktoForms2 :: Lightbox Basics

Vineela_Maram
Level 4

Thanks for your reply Sanford.

Can this be used in the standard Landing page template that we have in Marketo.

Could you please tell me the exact steps to add this

Thanks fro your help.

Vineela_Maram
Level 4

Hi Sanford,

I tried to play around with this but was unsuccessful.. In fact I am not good at JavaScript so was unsure which part to be used.

I tried using the lightbox embed code from the form but it doesnot seem to work.

I have explained the scenario below and it would be great if you could provide me with detailed steps on how to do this.

I have  a landing page and I uploaded an image to our design studio lib. I inserted that image in the landing page and I create a form which I now need to add as a pop up to that image.

lets say form id = 1234,  image link : http://na-ab11.marketo.com/rs/410-XOR-673/images/imagename.jpg

please provide me with the exact JavaScript or html that I need to use to make this work.

Thanks,

vineela.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I don't understand why you marked your answer "Correct."

Anyway, I updated the demo so it launches the lightbox when an image is clicked. Everything you need is there in jsFiddle in the HTML and JS panes. But I can't help you beyond that: other events or markup could in theory stop it from working on your site.