Re: Marketo is lagging behind

Raymond_Johnson
Level 5

I normally have to spend at least 4-day convincing support that the problem I'm having is actually a problem, then another 2-days before it get escalated to someone that can address the problem.

Curtis_Hart
Level 2

Yes! So much so I had to reach out to my Customer rep about it. In a nutshell they are VERY understaffed right now and are struggling with this. They informed me things should start getting better within the next couple of weeks with new hires.

But yea, It's gotten real bad right now.

Curtis Hart
Marketing Automation Manager
Check Point Software
Paul_Trushin8
Level 3

My experience was more often positive than negative, I'd say - a lot depends on the type of problem you have: that influences how fast you can get through Tier 1 support. If you can get through to the engineers, problems are resolved swiftly and efficiently but you really need to state your case well. Takes two to tango.

I had a problem recently when I initiated a mass β€œsync to SF” activity for a DB, which was not really a problem on it's own, since all the leads were already in SF, but since this activity uses up individual API call for every single lead, it threatened us with a Market-SF sync downtime of a couple of days. Marketo support stepped up and helped stop the flow in the backend before it consumed all API calls in a matter of hours, so I have really good memories of it since back then.

KanakoTone
Level 5

I agree with you Paul that we also play roles in the support tickets. However, I still have to say that my experience with support have changed significantly negative, as I have not changed my writing style in support tickets. It was quicker and smoother to resolve the tickets together. These days, sometimes I have to even doubt their reading comprehension skills to start with. 

Curtis_Hart
Level 2

I also agree we all play our roles, but when information is above and beyond (imo) and support doesn't even QA to verify the issue and closes with a Knowledgebase article, that's a real pain and lost time.

For example, I was QA Known visitor form options on a landing page and it wasn't displaying the custom HTML for me (even after I just registered so my munchkin knew who I was)

I gave them direct links to the landing page in question, and the form itself asking them to troubleshoot. Even told them I had two co-workers QA and get same results.

Their "solution" was the KB article how Known Visitors option is configured and works.

No sh**. I even tried to pin them down asking if it worked for them when they QAd it themselves.  Never answered me, but I know they didn't even bother to check.

It's that type of 'support' where you lose faith in their capabilities.

Curtis Hart
Marketing Automation Manager
Check Point Software
Mark_Wright
Level 2

Hi, totally agree with all this. We have had a case open because our forms aren't working (completely a serverside issue nothing to do with us) and not only has no progress been made in 5 days. We dont have any kind of update without repeated tracing, and are told that is escalated but I don't think that actually means anything.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

I've worked on numerous instances of Marketo and trying to get in touch with someone who is assigned to our account or at least is familiar with it is next to impossible.

Mark_Price
Level 7

Feels like Tier 1 is outsourced and their metrics are based on not escalating cases to Tier 2.   Might not be what's going on but sure is what it feels like on the customer side. 

Riz_Alvi
Level 4

Tech support, what tech support. Most of the time the support person knows less than I do. Seriously, the first approach is to call it "not a problem" if you press then they will sell you consulting services. 

Riz Alvi
Eric_Stone1
Level 3

I contacted support last week when I had a massive sync backlog because of an update across all contact and account records. I asked that our sync bandwidth be temporarily increased and was told this wasn't possible.

Interestingly, we merged two integrated Marketo-SFDC instances late last year and Marketo temporarily increased our sync bandwidth. When I informed support that the information they provided was inaccurate, I got my escalation.

This is common in my experience. The first support response is either - "This isn't a Marketo problem." or "Here is a response that isn't accurate or won't actually help." Once an issue is escalated, my experience is totally different and much much more satisfying.

Someone mentioned elsewhere that they feel as though they know more about Marketo than the first-responder support team. I feel the same way. I shouldn't have to educate support on what is and is not possible on this platform.