SOLVED

Marketo is creating a second record when a lead is converted in SFDC

Go to solution
jrapp
Level 2

Marketo is creating a second record when a lead is converted in SFDC

I'm running into a major issue with the way Marketo is handling lead conversion in SFDC. 

The lead syncs over fine, but when the lead is converted, rather than changing the type from lead to contact, Marketing is creating a duplicate record.  This leaves us with a person linked to an old lead and a person linked to the new contact.  It's obviously causing a huge issue with our data integrity.

From my understanding, this isn't how Marketo should work with the SFDC sync.  Has anyone experienced this and know of a solution?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo is creating a second record when a lead is converted in SFDC

Hi Jen,

I think this happens specifically when someone is converted directly out of a queue. Try changing the owner and then converting.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hi Jen,

I think this happens specifically when someone is converted directly out of a queue. Try changing the owner and then converting.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

This is def. not the expected results with the standard SFDC lead-contact conversion process! A couple more things to check here:

- Are you by any chance doing any massive batch conversions from leads to contact? Check out this post and the comment from Justin.

- Do you have any custom conversion rules in place in SFDC that might be behind this duplicate record getting created?