SOLVED

Re: Marketo Google Analytics Integration

Go to solution
Alok_biswas
Level 2

Marketo Google Analytics Integration

I want to integrate Marketo with Google Analytics. Can someone guide us through the steps to Integrate the same using API? What are different data that can be bi-directionally synced between both the apps and the limitations? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

In the doc. the webhook is being used to register a Google Analytics event whenever a form is received and send the Marketo Lead id to GA (i.e., the data is being sent to GA from Marketo, and not the other way around like you've mentioned in your comment). FWIW, you'd need a agent/service for transferring the data to Marketo.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Darshil_Shah1

Little old, but you may refer the Marketo-GA integration guide in this Marketo Nation post to get more idea on this.

Alok_biswas
Level 2

Hi Darshil,

Thanks for your response! The document you are referring to says about using webhook. But as you know webhook is a trigger type and can send only data from Marketo. But we want API based solution so that we can pull data from GA to Marketo real-time basis. 

Darshil_Shah1

In the doc. the webhook is being used to register a Google Analytics event whenever a form is received and send the Marketo Lead id to GA (i.e., the data is being sent to GA from Marketo, and not the other way around like you've mentioned in your comment). FWIW, you'd need a agent/service for transferring the data to Marketo.

Alok_biswas
Level 2

Thanks, Darshil!!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

But we want API based solution so that we can pull data from GA to Marketo real-time basis. 

I heavily doubt you want to have data from GA in Marketo. It‘s not the place.

If you build a marketing data warehouse, put everything there and that’s your reporting base. (Note getting raw granular data from GA requires GA 360 in any case.)

Alok_biswas
Level 2

Thank you, Sanford!