Re: Marketo Forms Loading Issues / JS Error 429?

Zach_Batastini1
Level 2

Marketo Forms Loading Issues / JS Error 429?

I am having some issues debugging marketo forms on my site using the embed code. Whenever the page first loads, the form(s) load perfectly fine. If i were to refresh the page (or go to another page with a same/different form on it) the form does not load.

When looking at the "Network" view of the page's code, I see there are a ton of errors (429) where it has failed to get a response from getForm?munchkin script.

I have tried disabling any caching plugin from within wordpress, bypassed using cloudflares CDN, but still at a loss as to what is going on.

Page example:

https://splashbi.com/demo/

Screenshot below:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_3.png

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You're loading the Forms 2.0 library (forms2.min.js)  24 times on that page! HTTP 429 is Too Many Requests. And that sounds about right.

You only need one <script> (in the head) loading the library. All the forms just need MktoForms2.loadForm.

Zach_Batastini1
Level 2

So i've added the JS to load the library to the header of the site, but the individual page itself (even with no marketo form code present) it is still trying to load the library 24 times..

If the incorrect embed method (meaning copy/paste the embed code marketo gives for the form) is on several pages, would those still be loading even if they are not the active page?

SanfordWhiteman

So i've added the JS to load the library to the header of the site, but the individual page itself (even with no marketo form code present) it is still trying to load the library 24 times..

There have to be 24 form embeds on the page... the CMS isn't going to grab anything from other pages.

Zach_Batastini1
Level 2

Hmm... then i'm completely perplexed.

Screenshot from page builder view:

pastedImage_1.png

Page Raw Code:

On Page CSS:

Zach_Batastini1
Level 2

Ahhah! I have finally figured it out. There is a plugin being used to trigger a popup window and is sometimes used with a form embedded. Whether there is a popup on the page or not it appears to be running the script(s). I disabled the plugin and all the script calls magically vanished.

Thank Sanford!

SanfordWhiteman

Cool, if you could mark one of my answers as Correct for future searches...