Web Personalization - Web Dialog Campaign only shows once - by design?

Jason_Reber__TH
Level 2

Web Personalization - Web Dialog Campaign only shows once - by design?

Hi all, I've created a web personalization campaign of the dialog variety.

The campaign works just fine - I go to the target URL and I see the dialog. But when I refresh the page - or close/re-open my browser and go back to the page - I no longer see the campaign dialog. Is this by design? Maybe specific to the dialog campaign type? Am I able to configure whether this dialog is visible all the time to the same user, even if they've already seen it once?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Re: Web Personalization - Web Dialog Campaign only shows once - by design?

In your segment, what do you have the Timings set to? Having 'On Entry' should allow it to fire each time, but setting it 1-9 will only allow it to fire once upon that setting.

Screenshot 2018-12-06 at 15.52.24.png

Jason_Reber__TH
Level 2

Thanks Frank. The Timings on the segment is set to "On Entry".

I noticed that when I go back to the page the next day, I see the web campaign, but when I go back to the page on the same day I don't. So it looks like it works, but only when the page is viewed on separate days? This will suffice...just curious as to how it works.

jason

Frank_Breen2
Level 10

JD Nelson​ is an expert in Web Personalization, maybe you can comment, for Dialog campaigns, does it only fire once per day? My focus is on In-Zone campaigns and I personally don't always see things firing everytime, but my segments for more for clients so testing can be difficult.

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

You'll want to check the "Sticky" box below it. That means it will fire every time the conditions are met -- otherwise it defaults to just once per session.

Screenshot 2018-12-06 15.30.34.png

Jason_Reber__TH
Level 2

Thanks JD