SOLVED

Marketo form vs GoToWebinar registration page

Go to solution
Malcolm_Price1
Level 2

Marketo form vs GoToWebinar registration page

I am new to GTW and Marketo and wanted to know what is the best set up for inviting and registering attendees to a webinar?

Is it via sending out emails from Marketo to register on a Marketo host form or via the GTW registration page which is created with the Webinar set up in GTW.

Does anyone have a sample program/ or guide which I could review and flow as I want to be able to get our process nailed and start using the two systems as soon as possible. 

many thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Marketo form vs GoToWebinar registration page

This is the same question as here, right? https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Product-Discussions/GoToWebinar-Post-Event-Statuses-not-Visible-in-SFD...

You will see "Attended" and "No Show" in Salesforce only if 

a) your Marketo program and Salesforce campaign are synced or

b) you have a Smart Campaign that updates these statuses in Salesforce using the "Change Status in SFDC Campaign" flow step.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you're using the Marketo → GTW connector, then best bet is a Marketo form on a Marketo LP.

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Assuming you have Marketo Munchkin on your website, you should always aim to have people fill out forms on your website so you get full tracking, UTM parameters, etc. You can also capture the most information in the cleanest way with a form.

If you need a program template, you can import from Marketo's program library.

GoToWebinar uses a native Launchpoint integration which means that you connect the Marketo Program to the Webinar from the Program setup.

Your "Registered" Smart Campaign would look like this:

Trigger: Fills out [Registration form], web page is [registration URL on your website]

Flow Step: Change program status in [This program] to Webinar > Registered

Marketo knows that when someone's status is changed to Registered, it needs to push them to the connected GTW webinar. Once the event is over, it will change peoples's statuses to Attended or No Show (or Absent, or whatever status is defined in your Channels).

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Malcolm_Price1
Level 2

Thanks @Amy_Goldfine I have used the imported program and we are up and running

Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

@Amy_Goldfine's comment is spot on. Once you get this rolling, one of the advantages of getting the information back from GTW automatically that shows who attended vs. didn't attend also gives you room to set up follow-up emails through Marketo instead of GTW.

We've set these campaigns up in Marketo to listen/look for the person's program status as either "Attended" or "No Show" and deliver the appropriate follow-up email to them.

DStanzione
Level 1

Anyone else have an issue where GTW sends back Attended and Registered, but they aren't showing up that way in SFDC under the campaign?

I have a program set up for a webinar and I can see on the Program Overview in Marketo that there are contacts showing up under 'Attended' and 'No Show', but since we didn't send a follow-up email, the campaigns for these statuses were never turned on. Is that the reason I only see 'Invited' when I look at SFDC?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

This is the same question as here, right? https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Product-Discussions/GoToWebinar-Post-Event-Statuses-not-Visible-in-SFD...

You will see "Attended" and "No Show" in Salesforce only if 

a) your Marketo program and Salesforce campaign are synced or

b) you have a Smart Campaign that updates these statuses in Salesforce using the "Change Status in SFDC Campaign" flow step.