SOLVED

Re: Marketo Form & Salesforce Sync Override

Go to solution
Amala_Haidar
Level 1

Marketo Form & Salesforce Sync Override

Hi, we're using a Marketo form on our webpage which sync's to Salesforce.  

Currently, if the person completing the form already exists in Salesforce or has previously completed the specific ares of the form then it uses the Salesforce details or information previously submitted and not the new information supplied. 

How can you check which fields update with new information and which keep the existing.  Is there a way to override this so that the sync to Salesforce captures the updated details entered in Marketo instead.   We're finding that if someone updates their phone number or address Salesforce information remains unchanged.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What you're seeing is not default behavior.

The default is indeed for Marketo form posts to update lead field values, unless (a) field updates are blocked in Admin » Field Management or (b) your sync user's SFDC permissions do not allow it. You should check both of these areas.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman

What you're seeing is not default behavior.

The default is indeed for Marketo form posts to update lead field values, unless (a) field updates are blocked in Admin » Field Management or (b) your sync user's SFDC permissions do not allow it. You should check both of these areas.

Amala_Haidar
Level 1

Thanks Sandford, that resolved our issue.  Turns out there was a block on particular fields in the form, once unblocked the field sync of new form details updated to Salesforce perfectly.  Appreciate your input.

SanfordWhiteman

Great, please mark my answer is Correct for future searches.

Stephanie_Chmie
Level 2

We do not want any information to override (I know that's not the norm) We would like duplicate info and manually merge data. Would I Block Field updates or would that not sync the lead at all?  I'm just a little confused but I need the lead to enter from the form and have it enter as a new lead no matter what.

SanfordWhiteman

Blocking field updates will not help you force duplicates, no. But please open a new thread like I mentioned above, then I'll answer there.

Stephanie_Chmie
Level 2

I opened a new thread. thanks

SanfordWhiteman

OK, see you over there.

Kristen_Peterse
Level 1

Hi - I have a similar/related question.  Is it true that when Marketo Syncs to SFDC it will update/overwrite Contact First Name and Last Name even if there is no change in the field values? Our SFDC admin team created a validation rule to prevent Marketo from Updating Contact First and Last Name and this is causing Contact sync failures.  I am trying to make the case to remove this blocker but i want to have all the concerns addressed before I bring it to the SFDC Admin team.

thoughts?

and thanks in advance.

SanfordWhiteman

Please open this as a new thread in Products​ to keep answers separate and searchable.