SOLVED

Marketo Email Performance Report Daily Subscription Automatically Deactivates and Removes internal email address

Go to solution
ceciliagonzalez
Level 2

Marketo Email Performance Report Daily Subscription Automatically Deactivates and Removes internal email address

Hello,

Our daily subscriptions to email performance reports constantly get deactivated and emails removed. We'll receive the report for 2-3 days, then suddenly stop receiving them. When I checked, the deactivated button was unmarked, and our email addresses were removed. I then have to re-enter all our email addresses and hit activate, then run the report again and again. All of the recipients are opted-in (internal team). This report goes to only 5 internal employees, including myself. Can someone please provide some insights on this issue? Thank you in advance!

ceciliagonzalez_0-1680795095847.pngceciliagonzalez_1-1680795170402.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Marketo Email Performance Report Daily Subscription Automatically Deactivates and Removes internal email address

There could be a case where in bots/email scanners are clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the subscription email. Since there isn't a form submit involved like a regular unsubscribe page, there could be a case that the bots are hitting the unsubscribe URL resulting in everyone getting unsubscribed automatically.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Chandan1
Level 2

Re: Marketo Email Performance Report Daily Subscription Automatically Deactivates and Removes internal email address

Hi , It happens if the subscriber clicked on the unsubscribed link in the report's email. The record's email will be removed from the recipient list. 

Chandan1_0-1680795740594.png
Note: Record is unsubscribing from the report so it will not mark as unsub instead of it will be removed from the recipient list.

Thanks,

Chandan Singh
ceciliagonzalez
Level 2

We don't click on Unsubscribe. We look forward to the report daily. The entire list of 5 people, including myself, gets wiped out. And the report gets deactivated. My colleagues are experiencing the same issues.

ceciliagonzalez_0-1680796643118.png

Darshil_Shah1

There could be a case where in bots/email scanners are clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the subscription email. Since there isn't a form submit involved like a regular unsubscribe page, there could be a case that the bots are hitting the unsubscribe URL resulting in everyone getting unsubscribed automatically.

Darshil_Shah1

Agreed! That should only happen if all the subscribers unsubscribe from that particular report subscription. This unsubscribe status gets reverted back when you re-add people to the report's subscription. Additionally, Marketo keeps removing people from the Email recipients as and when they unsubscribe, and it auto-deactivates the report (like in your case) when all the recipients unsubscribe from the report subscription.

ceciliagonzalez
Level 2

Hi. None of us are "unsubscribing" to the report or any Marketo reports. It might be worth looking into what you mentioned about bots/email scanners auto-unsubscribing us. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It might be worth looking into what you mentioned about bots/email scanners auto-unsubscribing us. 

Almost certain that’s the cause.

Katja_Keesom

My vote is also on the mail scanner being the cause of this. How to prevent it from happening is another question.

Darshil_Shah1

If you're using your corporate email address, then I suppose you can request your IT team to have this sender (aka Marketo Analytics) whitelisted from privacy filters/scanners in place (worth a try).